How Do You Enjoy Your Life Now???

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Now that you aren't making 5 meetings per week and going out in field service and doing all that personal study, what occupies your time? Does your life give you a sense of fulfillment?

• dottie
    dottie

I go to school and get a real education, not a jw tainted education either. Real books and everything.

Dottie

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Well, I'm here ain't I?

Seriously, I spend what would have been my "meeting time" working on projects here at home, as well as reading and watching all those "evil" movies.

Sundays are my favorite. I usually sleep in and then have a leisurely breakfast with my wife. We spend the day together...Sundays have always been one of my favorite days. In the afternoon, I drink beer and watch the Race (or Football game, depending on the season) or, during race season, many times I can be found at the Nashville Superspeedway, killing cones on a road course set up for Autocross competition. "A day at the track is better than a thousand at Your house".

Coon

• minimus
    minimus

I make few meetings at this point. I've gone from exemplary to missing 4 out of 5 meetings per week. If I choose to work and reap the material benefits, I do it without a second thought. Sunday attendance has been poor for me and my family. I have to admit that I at times enjoy my meeting attendance...Why??? I am easily amused. Also, I pick up on such stupidity that I can't help but shake my head! When I listen to the expressions of certain ones, I marvel at how they can be such dinks. All said, life is getting more enjoyable, everyday.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I enjoy my life mostly through my relationships with others. I've learned that Jesus had quite the talent at creating rapport with people on earth. That he loved unconditionally through those relationships. He "met" people where they were at and always loved. His entire ministry was based on relationships. I've tried hard to mimic that in my own life. Not so much as a ministry, but as a way of life. I can say that it's been very rewarding. I've met hundreds of people from all walks of life, with different beliefs, with different backgrounds, and different goals in life. I don't agree with everyone's method of living life, but it sure is a great lesson of loving a person unconditionally. I'm learning to not judge. I never have a person's whole picture. Who am I to do so?

I know that I am head over heels in love with Mozzer. More than I ever thought I was capable of doing. And I am confident in his love for me. More confident than any love I've ever experienced here on earth. I think healthy relationships are the essence of life. Money, sex, booze, drugs, material items - NOTHING compares to experiencing a great relationship. Nothing. I know many don't believe as I do, but the idea of someday being in heaven and fully experiencing God's love like that ALL THE TIME is more than my little head can comprehend. In the meantime, I "practice" building healthy, joyful, loving relationships with everyone I know here on earth. It is the most satisfying thing I've ever experienced!

Andi

• freedom96
    freedom96

Life now, is great. Just being out though, doesn't make it perfect, but it allows more time to take care of lifes issues.

I work now, have several businesses, and don't have to worry about cutting time short to make it to a meeting. I have real friends, that don't judge based on meeting attendance, have a wonderful family, and don't miss the hall at all, nor the things that went on in it.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Well,

its funny how that meeting time has just been swallowed up, now I think "How the hell did I have time for that crap ?"

I now work in London as a Fraud Investigator, hour and 10 mins commute each way, that with our sub standard train service we have in the south east of england by the time I get home I am well tired so me and other half usually relax, watch a movie, go to the cinema or just put some music on.

As for the weekends, well the field service time is now swallowed up by sleep ! due to the fact Friday night I have usually had a skin full so an early morning is not to good for your drink induced headache. We then usually go out afternoon and evening, sunday is also spent doing stuff together.

Am I happy ? HELL YEAH I am now settled with my other half, who obviously I could not of been with in the witnesses, I am studying Law and really really happy in my home and work life. I am no longer the odd one out looked at like an idiot as I am a witness.

I hope you have all found the same happiness.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

except for being bogged down as a busy mom. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Since we left, we got heavy duty into the camping scene. There is no way that we could enjoy camping as much if we were still in the bOrg. As soon as May hits and into October we're out there with our trailer. Every second weekend we go camping. Which entails. relaxation to the fullest.

Camp fires, beautiful sunsets over the lake. Listening to the loons on the lake is such a relaxing sound. This is a time where I can refresh myself, enjoy my kids (because they love the outdoors), away from the hustle bustle of ordinary life.

I could never go back to that awful treadmill of jw life.

• Dawn
    Dawn

[quote]not so much as a ministry, but as a way of life. [/quote]

Billygoat - that reminds me of the old saying "Preach the gospel at all times.............use words if you have to"

I have more time to spend with my family and friends - I read more books (diversity is great) - I also read more of my bible. I'm back at college (night classes) to get my bachelor's degree. I spend Sunday mornings at church, because I WANT to be there - and don't feel guilty on the occasion I decide to sleep in. One night a week I work with the youth group at church - they're a blast! Saturday's I'm either at sports events with my son, doing something with the family, or working in our yard (a past time I love).

• minimus
    minimus

HEY!!! Do ya feel guilty about enjoying your life, now???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit