UK NW Elder Mocks Disabled Brothers

by ISP 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

I got some reliable info that an Elder regularly mocks a disabled brother that is in his congregation. He mimics the way he talks and moves about and does this in the ministry for his own pleasure. It makes his pioneer wife laugh. His dad is the PO so nothing gets done about it. The elder is called James Read, not sure on the spelling. He is in the Manchester Whitefield congregation.

Anyone know anything about this dork?

ISP

• qwerty
    qwerty

ISP

No sorry, but if you banded about his name enough in a few JW chat rooms. Try at the time of day that UK chatter are on mostly maybe on, I bet it will get back to this senseless idiot and give him something to feel ashamed about!

Saying that he might not have a big enough brain to comprehend the matter.

Qwerty.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Whatever a person is sowing he shall reap. Someone should should remind him of the account about Elisha, the forty children and the she-bears at 2 Kings 2:23-25. Mocking is very disrespectful.

Guest 77

• blondie
    blondie

Well, ISP, I say that anyone who witnesses his little comic relief are just as guilty as he is if they do not speak up. He wouldn't do it if he didn't have a receptive audience. Elder father or not I would have said something to him directly but privately as a single sister and would have had my husband do it (for the headship protocol) say something for me to him. Then if he did it again, I would bring him up by the short hairs in front of his "adoring" audience. I hate bullies.

It is just like gossip, if no one listened to the gossiper, the gossiper would have to stop.

Blondie (no ideal 50's wife)

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

As a disabled person I find this disgusting and outrageous! Well, it's nothing new what it comes to the JW's. Grrrr!

-liq

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi,

Re Jamie Reid from the Manchester Whitefield Congregation. A close associate within the congregation confirms what ISP stated, that he is always calling people behind their backs and makes fun of disabled people, two brothers in particular. I am usually a lurker on this list but ISP's post has incensed me because I know J. Reid gets away with so much because his father is the P.O. To compound matters, both the Reids are well in with the C.O, who has stayed with J. Reid. This is why no one is prepared to come forward; one is intimidated by the fact that this close liason will inhibit any action being taken.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Welcome to the board Dansk! You chose the perfect time to come out of Lurker mode. I hope to read more of your posts in the future!

• minimus
    minimus

Who's gonna tell on this guy? Nobody. And if they did, it would be denied. People like that are ones that you can't worry about. They are a_holes and they can and will laugh at anyone they want to---even if you tell on them.

• Mary
    Mary

Forget about the CO or DO, someone who knows this creepy elder should report it to the Bethel over there in England. If you write a letter (you don't have to sign it) or just phone them and tell them what this elder is doing, I'm pretty sure they'll look in to it, or at least question him about it. If someone does contact Bethel, you should tell them that "worldly people" have been shocked that someone claiming to be a Jehovah's Witness would do something as rotten as making fun of disabled people, when Jesus clearly would not approve of such a thing.

I phoned my Bethel a few years ago regarding one of our elders. He was a pervert and had a thing for teenage girls. Although this was an open secret, none of the other elders wanted to tell on him and they just ignored it, until he started coming on to one young sister, about 18 years of age. She was disgusted, but the elders wouldn't do anything, so I phoned Bethel for her (anonomously), gave them the elders' name and the name of the young girl. They contacted him to see what was going on, and then they called the sister in question. She confirmed that his bahavior was disgusting and she didn't want to go to the Hall anymore. Believe it or not, he was actually removed as an elder for about 2 years..........he knew it was me that called on him but he had no proof (giggle giggle), so that was that.

• hornetsnest
    hornetsnest

Well, I'll tell you what. All you need is post or email me the address and I will be happy to light a fire under his butt.

If you do that, please give me the name of the offender, the name of his father, the name of the congregation, and (hopefully) the name of the CO. There will be hell to pay, I'll guarantee you.

LoneWolf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit