Is Experience Necessary For Knowledge?

by Satanus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    That's all well and fine when theologians/students argue from what they have read in books. Christians who explore further, as do mystics, come to sense a unity.

I didn't say there wasn't. That's what Trinity means, Tri-unity. Three persons, only one God. How that works is certainly beyond my understanding, and the fact that it's so hard to understand is why cultic groups like the JW's, who have to have all the answers 'in a box', reject the doctrine. My point was basically that, even when God is alone, He isn't alone.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Neon

Yes of course, if/when god was a triune of persons, he wasn't alone. I have no problem w that. While i was a christian, i also had no problem w it (though i never got into the holy spirit being a person issue). Theologically claiming that the trinity was eternal, is questionable, IMO.

In my hypothesis, i've extended the envelope w the idea that god didn't stop at a trinity, but just kept the process going. Hope this doesn't blow your mind. But, i wonder if the process has necessarily stopped, even now. Hypothetically, why should it?

SS

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

As I understand the word ALONE, psicologically also can be understood as in needing of something or someone.

I don't fell that God is incomplete. As I understand God don't need anything. For me God can't be alone a we humans can be alone.

I also remember a book in which the WTBT taught about God as the creator of space time. Aristoteles defined God as a motor without movement. I understand God like that. He don't need movement to produce energy. He don't need space or time.

Regarding electrons, as you know we can't see electrons because the wave of light is bigger than electrons. So in some way God can have some other kind of eyes to see beyond light, and He also can manipulate matter in under microscopic scale. Is my weird idea that the spiritual beings live in a "space time" under electrons, that's one of the reasons because we can't see them, but they had the power to influence our world.

I understand creation as an act of love. And for me the word creation applied to God works means to obtain something from nothing, also without experience.

As and example: I understand the God don't need experience for knowledge. He knows good and evil without experience the evil. As I understand Satan is the creator of evil. But God knows evil previous to this Satan creation. I don't believe in Trinity and as I understand His Son is only begotten, so it had a start and as I was taught as child: the "Holy Spirit" is a by product of the love between the Father and the Son, so "He" only had a beginning.

... this are only my weirds personals opinions.

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

Trying to say:

... that's one of the reasons because we can't see them ...

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Yes of course, if/when god was a triune of persons, he wasn't alone. I have no problem w that. While i was a christian, i also had no problem w it (though i never got into the holy spirit being a person issue). Theologically claiming that the trinity was eternal, is questionable, IMO.

Not sure how you'd arrive at that conclusion. If the Trinity isn't eternal, then it isn't the Trinity as taught by Christianity. The basic idea of the Trinity is that the Trinity is God, and has all the characteristics of God, including eternity. But the God who has those characteristics exists in three persons.

In my hypothesis, i've extended the envelope w the idea that god didn't stop at a trinity, but just kept the process going. Hope this doesn't blow your mind. But, i wonder if the process has necessarily stopped, even now. Hypothetically, why should it?

Sounds a bit like the teaching of the old Worldwide Church of God (still taught by many of its splinter groups) that God is a family into which believers can enter, thus becoming God themselves. It's an interesting theory, but not supportable by any reasonable reading if the scriptures, imho.

• Sargon
    Sargon
    As and example: I understand the God don't need experience for knowledge. He knows good and evil without experience the evil. As I understand Satan is the creator of evil

Ginosko,

I have to disagree with you. God the creator of EVERYTHING is also the creator of evil, and the 'Father of the lie'. Would there be good without evil? And are not good and evil just concepts in the creators mind?

Ah, the world is a stage and we are but actors... or something like that.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Neon

Theologically claiming that the trinity was eternal, is questionable, IMO.

Not sure how you'd arrive at that conclusion

The claim of an eternal trinity is likely based on catholic writings that were adopted by protestants.

Sounds a bit like the teaching of the old Worldwide Church of God (still taught by many of its splinter groups) that God is a family into which believers can enter, thus becoming God themselves. It's an interesting theory, but not supportable by any reasonable reading if the scriptures,

I'm not concerned w what is biblical or not. My hypothesis goes beyond the wwcog beliefs. My hypothesis is more in the direction of pantheism, where all is already god. 'Becoming part of god' is then only a remembering or awakening or experiencing.

Ginosko

That god is the author of evil is a discussion i had w aguest starting @

god hates evil but must allow it

I showed that biblically, it is a strong case.

SS

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

Hi,

Please give me again the reference to the discusion about: God the creator of the evil, and father of the lie. It'll be amazing if you probe me this point.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/44151/1.ashx

Oops, i thought i could rename the link. It's about 4 pages long.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Yes, I think experience is necessary to knowledge. When I got disfellowshipped this 90 year old boy on the commitee gave me a lecture on the evils of fornication. It was quite apparent to me that the guy knew nothing about sex in the real world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit