JW Elder quits & sends 900 emails

by snare&racket 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Cool! Hat's off to the guy. It's called honesty, in case anyone was wondering what this strange behavior is called.

Thanks for sharing this Snare.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

He’s still awaiting the consequences. Everyone saying it’s an ironically JW approach that he took.... well he was a JW days ago! He’s decided to leave and in style ....he is day 1 exjw. Of course he still thinks that way. My perspective is that he’s braver than most and good on him!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"He's still awaiting the consequences" - indeed, and they are his consequences, his chips to fall where they may, no one elses.

Totes Good onya mate!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    An elder in Quebec, has just quit as a JW. He did so by emailing nearly a thousand JW’s with the explanation for why he and his family are quitting.

That's a great way of closing the chapter. No gossip, no speculations, everybody got the same message and from the right source.

Love it.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I suspect we shall here more things like this in the future. Now that the internet is happening and mass communication is cheap. All future leavers of the cult should get as many email addresses they can for their grand finale exit if it ever happens and you want people to know why.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Brilliant!

It takes back the control from the Elders / Society.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SNARE&RACKET:

I am glad this elder did this and I understand why. He wanted people to know something is wrong with the religion.

Not only did he want to reach a large audience but he wanted to get HIS reasons out there before the JW gossip machine puts out false reasons as to why he left and making it sound like he committed some “sin” so that nobody will listen to him.

Good for him.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    He’s quite the loss to WT, he’s an elder with a serious career in Chemistry, a professor no less.

Honestly, I don't see how educated people can still buy into the bullshit.

Jehovah's Witnesses will continue to be most uneducated religious group because the educated ones leave. Once you get those critical thinking juices flowing, it's hard to stop them.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I hate the whole kh crash and agressive yelling at the cart dubbies etc etc, im on record strongly on that.... but this? The man sent a mass email. Its not aggressive. Well... there are lots of ways to word it, he could have been an ass, but in principle sending a mass email seems like a decent way to spread the word if thats what you wanted to do. People can read at their leisure and in privacy. Maybe he makes a few think. Its not the sort of thing that will drive dubbies into deeper in. I wont criticize him.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Respect!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit