Misogyny----anyone here guilty?

by Tatiana 43 Replies latest social relationships

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

Unfortunately for woman-kind..... man was endowed with a penis.

As the owner of a penis, the male is subject to blockheadedness, stubborness, being controlling, jealous, and in general.... penis like. BUT I have conquered my own disability, as the owner of a penis myself...

I treat my wife with respect and as an equal. We both work. I do not expect to "come home to a hot meal" any more than she does. It is not my wifes "job" to clean the house.... it is not my "job" to pay the bills.... all these things are shared equally.

My wife is an intelligent corporate killing machine (clerically speaking) I am an artist. We share all things equally.... No elders come to my house and tell us how to, or how often we should copulate. I do not co-erce, force, nag, or otherwise "inflict" sex on my wife. We share that too.

My wife is my.... religion. She is my companion, and friend. I would truly be lost without her. She is not property, or someone I feel a need to "be the head of"..... Confucius Say..."the head cannot turn without the neck"

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

As the owner of a penis, the male is subject to blockheadedness, stubborness, being controlling, jealous, and in general.... penis like. BUT I have conquered my own disability, as the owner of a penis myself...

I treat my wife with respect and as an equal. We both work. I do not expect to "come home to a hot meal" any more than she does. It is not my wifes "job" to clean the house.... it is not my "job" to pay the bills.... all these things are shared equally.

My wife is an intelligent corporate killing machine (clerically speaking) I am an artist. We share all things equally.... No elders come to my house and tell us how to, or how often we should copulate. I do not co-erce, force, nag, or otherwise "inflict" sex on my wife. We share that too.

My wife is my.... religion. She is my companion, and friend. I would truly be lost without her. She is not property, or someone I feel a need to "be the head of"..... Confucius Say..."the head cannot turn without the neck"

(((((kat_newmas)))))......

Your wife is one lucky woman. I wish with all my heart that everyone, male and female, could have this attitude. Thw world would be a much better place to coexist in.

Love...

April

• Francois
    Francois

Hmmm.

That entire post paints with a giant brush. Gross generalizations, I think. I've even heard some feminists claim that Hemingway was so overtaken by his attitude and actions against women (so they claim) that he killed himself.

This story conveniently leaves out the fact that Hemingway was suffering from throat cancer, and that likely was the reason he offed himself. So one is forced to wonder about the other quotations in the subject piece.

H.L. Menken, for another example, was misogynistic for most of his life, but he married late and pronounced himself the happiest of men. And so on with this list of complainers.

For myself, frankly, I detest a clinging vine. I vastly prefer a sophisticated woman of independent means; we'd ride in limosines; her chaufer would drive; when I was thirty-five (OOPS, where did that come from? Lyrics from a Frank Sinatra song, erg!)

Anyway, I prefer intelligent, feisty, independent women who have the good sense to pick me out of the thundering herd.

francois

• berylblue
    berylblue

Alan F....you wouldn't happen to be ENGLISH, by any chance?

Beryl

of the "I married a 24 year old Englishman I met on the internet who left me when he got a green card" class

• berylblue
    berylblue

Oh, and his name was Alan as well.

Beryl

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Unfortunately for woman-kind..... man was endowed with a penis.

Hmmm, not sure I'm comfortable in a world where women or men have this attitude, lol. Fortunately for man-kind, most women don't.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I don't analyse it too much here at home. My wife and I are partners in a common endeavor. That's how I see it.

• AlanF
    AlanF

No, Beryl, I'm American. Why do you ask?

AlanF

• Azalo
    Azalo

I am a bit old fashioned I guess in that i think that it is my responsibility to provide for my family however I have no problem with my wife pursuing a career of her own. We share the housework, although right now she is a stay at home mom since she is nursing our baby and so she does most of the housework with the exchange that I'm in charge of the baby when I'm home.

• funkyderek

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit