Today

by Scully 36 Replies latest social relationships

• Farkel
    Farkel

Scully,

It's probably too late for you for me to call tonight, but can I give you a call tomorrow?

Please let me know.

Your friend,

Farkel

• waiting
    waiting

Scully,

I just watched (this afternoon) the tape you so kindly sent to me about JW child rape in Canada. My husband watched too - we just kinda sat there when it was done. Powerful show - with many truths. Thank you for your thoughtfullness. And I got to thinking, "Gee, I haven't seen Scully post lately."

Well, girlie girl, think about some things while down in the pit, you DO help people.

You help them here.

You help them as a nurse.

You help your children.

You help your husband (perhaps)

You are smart - I've learned so much from you. Thank you.

You have many friends here - and many people respect what you post.

And, dammit, you are smart.....even for a Canadian.

Take care, honey. Spring's right around the corner. Well, within months in Canada, eh?

waiting

• Xandria
    Xandria

((Scully)),

Glad you are feeling somewhat better. Sadly in this life you cannot tell the wolves from sheep sometimes. I too trust someone until they give me reason not to~ so don't feel bad about doing that.

I know the feeling of whats the point sometimes I have even thought it. Yet there is light at the end of the tunnel. What is a true rich person ? does he or she have a lot of stuff ? or many true friends ?

One person I know had a lot of stuff and so called friends. Until one day he lost his lot of stuff... his so called friends ran for the hills abandoning him to what ever fate. Now he realizes that stuff don't matter as much as having at least one true friend. Yea money helps, lol but I much rather have lasting friendship.

Anyway take care of yourself.

X

• gumby
    gumby

Knowing that you are appreciated and that people care about you can make life bearable. I am glad you found these things right here among friends. Glad your feeling better.

Gumby

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Skully,

Glad to hear you are doing much better. As you may have noticed, there is plenty of help around, all you need do is ask. Would sure hate to lose you. Your posts are very insightful and helped me considerably. Bug

• Jesika
    Jesika

(((((((((((Scully)))))))))))))))

I am glad you are feeling better. I feel that way too sometimes. I hope you don't ever change, the world needs more people like you.

Jes

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

((((Scully))))

I've been where you are, and stayed there a very long time. Stuck in a morose kind of depressive pattern. Then I decided I needed to find a new reality for myself, and I made the commitment to do what I had to do to stop the suffering. The pain of my existance was killing me.

There is no quick fix, but there is hope. We have to learn who we are and what we want. We have to learn to truly love ourselves. Then we can best determine how we allow others to treat us and how we will treat ourselves. We set boundaries and live by those rules. Our emotions won't be on the lowest end of the rolleycoaster. We will find ourselves able to ride the tides of our existance, without feeling so overwhelmed and out of control.

We will always be the ones settling for crumbs, unless we pick ourselves up and go set at the table of life. There is a beautiful bounty there, just for the taking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit