Good Wife Guide in 1950's--Yah Right!

by blondie 38 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

And ya wonder why I didn't marry a JW????

Ven

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Should your husband suggest congress then accede humbly all the while being mindful that a man's satisfaction is more important than a woman's. When he reaches his moment of fulfilment a small moan from yourself is encouraging to him and quite sufficient to indicate any enjoyment that you may have had.

Bwahahahaha!!!

JW jibberish for sure! And not from the '50's . . . but from today!

Man is head of house, so his pleasure is more important?

Small moan . . . of enjoyment that you may have had? This seems to indicate that women may or may not receive pleasure, and it really doesn't matter anyway, so just fake it?? What are we anyway, Robot-women??? . . . NOT!!!

ESTEE

• rem
    rem

I thought I had seen this before. So far its status as an urban legend is undetermined, but the source has never been found:

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/goodwife.htm

rem

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Now the updated version for todays woman.

1. Have dinner ready: Make reservations ahead of time.

2. Prepare yourself: A quick stop at the "LANCOME" counter on your way home will do wonders for your outlook and will keep you from becoming irritated every time he belches at the table. (Don't forget to use his credit card!)

3. Clear away the clutter: Call the housekeeper and let her know you'll need her for an extra day this week. Tell her that any miscellaneous items left on the floor by the children can be placed in the Goodwill box in the garage.

4. Prepare the children: Drop them off at grandma's!

5. Minimize the noise: When he arrives at home remind him that the washer

6. Some DON'TS: Don't greet him with problems and complaints. Let him speak first, and then your complaints will get more attention and remain fresh in his mind throughout dinner. Don't complain if he's late for dinner. Simply remind him that the last one home does the cooking and the cleanup.

7. Make him comfortable: Remind him where he can find a warm fuzzy blanket if he's cold. This will show you really care.

8. Listen to him: But don't ever let him get the last word.

9. Make the evening his: a chance to get the washer and garbage disposal fixed.

10. The Goal: To try to keep things amicable without reminding him that you make more money than he does.

Love......me

(the author forgot the sex....I'm working on it....)

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I printed out the instructions on how to be a GOOD WIFE. I want to have the wife read this and apply it in our lives.

I'll let you all know how much it improves our life together.

Outoftheorg

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

ESTEE <------ of the "trying-to-remember-what-it-was-like-being-married-----so-long-ago" class

• blondie
    blondie

Urban legend or not, many of the precepts are found in the WTS publications and reflects the Stepford Wives thinking of the 50's. I love your rendition, Tatiana.

Blondie (no Stepford wife)

• Shakita
    Shakita

OMG!!!!! That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!!!!!

Blondie, thanks, I am printing this out.......this is a keeper!

Mrs. Shakita(who would never have survived being a JW wife in the 50's)

• Solace
    Solace

Phhhhhhtttttt...........

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! DYING!!!!!

CANT STAND IT!!! TUMMY HURTIN!!!! QUIT!!!!! WHEW, That was funny............................

Seriously I do like to fuss over my man, but I would never want to be required or expected to do so. It kind of defeats the purpose, dont ya think?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Blondie: I sent your post around at work, and just sat at my desk, and listened to all the laughter going around as people opened the email !

Tatiana: Good comeback ! Waiting eagerly for the Sex part !

10. The Goal: To try to keep things amicable without reminding him that you make more money than he does.

OUCH !

Estee: With a man like that you're better off with a BOB !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit