Watchtower cancels UK subscriptions...

by Brummie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Marcos
    Marcos

In the late 60's and early 70's I worked on one of the wrapping machines in the Brooklyn Bethel. Until now, it never occured to me that they were trying to save the postage, Duh!

I thought that the move was to keep the literature out of the hands of apostates -- really!

The postage theory is more likely, or is it?

Marcos

• siegswife
    siegswife
    You think WBTS cancelling subscriptions is a big deal? Not even close!..I`ve seen them cancel armagedon

ROFLMAO!

• david_10
    david_10

Like Marcos, I figured that the main reason for dropping the subscription arrangement was to keep the literature out of the hands of the apostates. But, as I'm sure the Society realizes, apostates are resourceful and will always figure out how to get ahold of them, no matter what. I think it's a combination of all the factors mentioned: It saves on postage, the apostates will have to work a little harder to get their copies, faithful dubs will be tricked into going out in service more, hours and RV's will go up................... As far as the Society is concerned, it's a win-win situation all around.

David

• Undecided
    Undecided

It will save the trash people a little money, there won't be as many in the trash cans.

Ken P.

• AlanF
    AlanF

I think that cancelling the subscriptions is a perfect proof that Watchtower is not interested in getting spiritual information into the hands of "the people", but in selling books and magazines. Selling? Sure. Congregations are still charged a fee for literature; it's just not called a fee. So the Society always gets its money. When I lived in Switzerland for awhile (1998-1999), I couldn't get a subscription to the magazines because there was no subscription arrangement. I contacted the local JWs and they would drop them in my mailbox or come to my door. The delivery was extremely spotty. If this spottiness is characteristic of the JW delivery of magazines -- and I have no doubt that it is -- then that's proof that they don't care about getting their "urgent" information into peoples' hands.

AlanF

• Jourles
    Jourles

I must have been waaay ahead of the curve about six years ago. My subscription expired and the elder who handled it in the hall asked me to renew. Well, this was about the time I was getting beat up on H2O and so I told him that I would prefer to use a magazine from my order that would come in for field service to help save on postage costs. He reminded me that the subscriptions arrived sooner than the normal literature shipments. I told him that I could live with it.

Jourles, of the thinking ahead of the slave class class

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

Blacksheep

They did do the same in the US. It happened over a year ago, it was right

before i left the org. They told us we had to pick up the mags from the KH

Cheapskates.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    You think WBTS cancelling subscriptions is a big deal? Not even close!..I`ve seen them cancel armagedon,LOL!...OUTLAW

That sums it up perfectly.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks peoples for all your comments on this... interesting.

I think that cancelling the subscriptions is a perfect proof that Watchtower is not interested in getting spiritual information into the hands of "the people", but in selling books and magazines

That is a very good point.

Also seems like the Society is wanting to keep things more private since all the bad media attention its been getting lately. Maybe cancelling the subs will also make them more secretive to the outside world.

Brummie

• Farkel
    Farkel

: ONLY 4 ISSUES REMAINING SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE WILL BE DISCONTINUED. OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL COPY THROUGH A CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES.”

New light, no doubt!

Seriously, tt's all about the business of the Watchtower "Business" Corporations. Once dubs begin to realize the Watchtower Corporations are FIRST a business and secondly a religion which pretends to be a religion, but which is REALLY a business, everything else will fall into place.

If they really cared, and I mean actually CARED about people, they would make sure that invalids and others would get the crap they send in the mail sent to those who want to receive that crap. This new change just dissed all those old and invalid folks who can't make that trip to the Kingdom Hall to get each new, precious issue of their crap. The Watchtower Printing and Propaganda Corporation just doesn't care about those folks. They don't care about any except themselves and their elite.

I rest my case and will vigorously debate any challenges to my assertions.

My case is simple: The Watchtower Printing Corporation does not care a whit about single human beings who worship them and who do not give them lots of money and then end up dead or destroyed because of policies/rules put in place by that very same Watchtower Printing Corporation. Even if those little people DIE over Watchtower Bullshit(tm). The Corporation has no heart. The average dub has no heart. This is a religion without a heart. This is a very, very SICK religion.

DEBATE THAT, Watchtower defenders! I would love to take on that challenge, but unfortunately, you dubs know it is all true.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit