Watchtower cancels UK subscriptions...

by Brummie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Sorry if this has been posted already....

The Watchtower Society Cancels Of All Subscriptions

On the outside wrapping of the latest WATCHTOWER and AWAKE! Magazines is this announcement in red capital letters . . .

“ONLY 4 ISSUES REMAINING SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE WILL BE DISCONTINUED. OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL COPY THROUGH A CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES.”
    Not even a “Please”, “Thank You” or “Sorry”. No explanation is given such as “Due to”.

It is interesting to see how this new policy will affect the “door-to-door” work of the Watchtower followers. It seems unreasonable to expect former subscribers would be willing to line up in front of the Kingdom Hall’s to get their next issue.

What say ye to this? It must be another sign showing the end is round the corner...lol

Brummie

• Brummie
    Brummie

I'm wondering if that message means that the persons subscription is about to run out or whether it signals the end of subscriptions for all as is suggested in the content of the email?

I got the above in an email this morning.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Why waste money on postage when you've got willing slaves to spend their own money delivering the crap mags. They don't care about people's spiritual welfare, the WBTS were out of pocket financially and that's what counts to the big boys.

Now JWs will be forced to go on the service even more on the new 'mag routes' this will generate.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember when I visited Mill Hill back in 1987 the lady who gave the tour said that they recommended people getting their magazines crap from the publishers because in one year they could save enough in postage to buy a delivery truck. I can't believe it took them that long to end the subscriptions. Guess they can save the money now for the lawsuits they are going to fight!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Back when people were paying for the sub, the society wanted everyone to have one. Even every JW family member was supposed to have a sub. Efficiency didn't matter, only markup and quantity.

But when the donation arrangement came in, people stopped paying for postage. Efficiency became an issue.

In my cong, the elders and ms's had a list of non-jw subscribers. There were only about 10 people on it, and that is for a territory with a population of around 25,000.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I heard the same thing already happened in the US (heard through a reliable source: my JW mom). A family member tried to sign up at Bethel and that was part of the reason for his rejection. Apparently the boys at Bethel won't be responsible for sending out subscriptions.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I think they want to save the postal expenses. Look at this PDF file where the Watchtower hackled postal prices with the Federal US Government: http://www.prc.gov/docs/26/26246/watchtower-brief.pdf

• metatron
    metatron

Besides saving money, they hope it will encourage meeting attendance 'to pick up your magazines'.

Also, it might prop up return visit numbers by forcing Witness suckers to deliver for them.

metatron

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You think WBTS cancelling subscriptions is a big deal? Not even close!..I`ve seen them cancel armagedon,LOL!...OUTLAW

• foreword
    foreword

I wonder what they make of the verse....put the kingdom first and all the rest will be provided....

I mean, wouldn't the printing of magazines promissing a new world governed by Jehovah be at the top of Jehovah's list to provide for????

Oh I get it....they are managing Christ's belongings......yes yes....i see

Well, i don't know cause i only have a few years business experience, but if they follow the rule, like they should, "you were given for free, then give for free" they are pretty bad managers cause the internet would do a much better job 75% of the time, with little printing to do.

The money from donations wouldn't have to support such a big machine and the money saved would pay for further development.

But hey, who am i to disagree with the lord.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit