I'm fighting over DreadLocks! Need help!

by plmkrzy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Please excuse all the grammar in the first person, I don’t care about it right now. LOL!

I am in a heated battle right now with the current resident manager of the building I live in.

I have been here for 10 years. She has been here for just over 1 year.

She has been harassing me for the past few months because she doesn't want my sons friends being seen in the building due to their dreads. She said they are frightening away prospective tenants because they look like criminals.

She can't kick me out for that reason because it is a discrimination issue, SO she has decided to blame them and my son for vandalizing the building. There are witnesses in the building who have personally seen "HER" son do the damage's that she has reported to the owner, and accused my son and his friends of. The owner of the building has been putting out $$$ in repair bills that her kids have been responsible for, and last Saturday I discovered that she was reporting to him otherwise.

The problem is that this is not a rent control area of Los Angeles, so she has the right to kick me out UNLESS she is doing it illegally.

Of course she IS, but I need to prove it.

Not only has this been a problem, but also she has failed to make repairs in my apartment that are serious and has been putting them off, and off, and off…………………..

For example of one more serious needed repair's.

A LARGE crack in the concrete, in the dining room, that is 7 feet long by ¼ inch wide. It was discovered while putting down new tile. I may be dropping in on my neighbors un-announced anytime. I am on the 4 th floor, above the first floor tenant who is above two floors of garage (one is underground.

I WILL be hanging her ass out to dry with the building inspector, however I need to secure my ability to move when I am ready, or be re-located to another apartment.

Moreover, the other tenants are afraid of retaliation if they publicly say anything against her.

If anyone is familiar with the Laws in Southern Ca. Then you are aware how difficult it is to exercise your rights as a tenant if you are Not in a rent controlled area.

Does anyone know any good Tenant Rights attorneys that would like to pound her face in the dirt?

If so, let me know.

Plumpissed!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Please! Post ANY and ALL suggestions. As all I can think of right now is pounding her. Unfortunately that wouldn't make much of a case in my favor Perhaps when I back away from it a bit more I will think more clearly in regards to shoving a *%*%*%*%%*#*#*#%#%# up her &*#%#%#&**&**#$#..2

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

OK Simon has esp.

Scratch that on the tip thread.

I still would like to know if anyone has even looked at this or not.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

What the heck is going on with this thread???

I couldn't even find it for an hour. Not on page 1 or page 2 or 3 or even 4. Not in the active topics. Thats where I have always gone first.

I never use to click on a particular area to find topics. ALWAYS the "active" topics.

There doesn't seem to be active topics there that are NEW active topics.

I just don't understand this anymore. It's like being lost in NY as a kid.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 >> [newest]

I'm not on any of these "ACTIVE" topic pages.

I'm tired guess I'll call it a night.I can't find me anyway

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

BTW

I'm not sure what section this is in

Options :: Active Topics :: Member Directory :: Chat
    Action :: New Topic :: Reply
    Forum for Jehovahs Witnesses > Friends > I'm fighting over DreadLocks! Need help!
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Plum,

I just want to let you know that your message is appearing now.

I'm not at all a fan of "dreads," but I am also rational enough to recognize that as a personal preference. Your building manager is certainly crossing the line by using her personal opinion of someone's fashion as an excuse to falsly accuse them of crimes.

Do you have a video camera? It will be very difficult to make your case if you have no one willing to speak for you and no corroborating evidence.

I don't know what the laws of SoCal are in this regard, but I suspect there may be legal aid groups in your area who could be helpful.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hey THANKS! Nathan for posting. At least I know it was there for a min. anyway. LOL!

I'm not a particular fan of dreads either, they wouldn't look very good on me anyway. hehehe but, they are very popular around here and one kid (19 years old now) in question that she called a bum, HA! His dreads I'm sure cost more then her best costume jewerly. LOL! He comes from a very well to-do family and way above of her league in any direction. Including manors. ESPECIALLY! manor's.

I'm afraid it is going to get rather nasty around here shortly because I have no intention of letting her get away with this.

One of my neighbors brought me the number of an advocate who is going head to horn with Donald Sterling (owner of the Clippers) in a law suit over his discrimination practices against tenants of his buildings. He owns LOTS of apartment high-rises etc. AND, Is responsible for rent control in Beverly hills. Hahahaha.

I bet the other apartment owners are just happy as pigs in chit with ol' Dnald .

I'm supposed to be getting a call from her next week. I hope things work out . crossing fingers and toes

It's tough in So.Cal unless you are really poor or really rich. Anything in between is every man for himself and dog eat dog. Unless you are lucky enough to be a pea-hen or a pea-cock. NOBODY but NOBODY can mess with them and get away with it around here. Jail time! Yep, we protect the rights of our pea-cocks! Yesumdeedee! They can crap all over your porch stomp your flower garden and chit on your new car, but you better not bother them! LOL!

I don't know, maybe it's my warped since of priorities, but there just seems to be something r e ally wrong with that picture.

plum

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

perhaps "friends" wasn't the right area to post this? It didn't seem to fit anywhere else. I guess I could have put it in "personal expierences" There are JWs in my neighborhood.

plum justchecking

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

You could claim you were Rastafarian, then no one will bother you...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit