Nephilim...Only desired females

by RULES & REGULATIONS 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That`s all right if you beleive in the Bible and all that Bullshit ,I was cured of all that when I finally relised JW`s and religion in general was all made up to control humans to some degree/

measure in society.

But if you choose to beleive in all that crap ,Angels ,Demons ,Gods etc. be my guest .

Sorry rant over.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Nephilim...Only desired females

I do too.

smiddy - JW`s and religion in general was all made up to control humans to some degree

That's pretty much my take on it too. At least if there was religion that occurred 'naturally' from how people saw the world, some grifters saw the potential of money and power from it. The grift was on. Infiltrate the people's beliefs and 'game on!'

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

In these parts (midwest US), there is a fringe group which claims that Indian burial mounds and other earthworks were made by 'Nephilim', by which they mean a race of giant humans 12-15 feet tall. Their beliefs don't seem to directly relate to biblical stories, but they use the word Nephilim in their videos. It's really a curious belief, in that it has no evidence to support it and is basically preposterous.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    JeffT: I've been out a long time, but when I was in people at the hall talked about all kinds of stories about demons, fallen angels, beautiful women, freak offspring etc.

Same here. And, as often happens with urban legends, many of these stories were told as secondhand (and occasionally even firsthand) tales. I marvel at how many people my mother purported to know who had run-ins with demons and monsters. As with so many such tales, they seemed to become much more rare as recording mediums became more widespread and available.

Good stories, though. They're probably the reason I'm such a big fan of horror.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    repeated fantasies dont magically render them to be facts

OH NO! Does this mean that there really is no Santa Claus?

Virginia

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    DOC - OH NO! Does this mean that there really is no Santa Claus?

Write him a letter and see if you get the prezzy you asked for?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Nephilim only desired females.

Let's reason this out.

The Nephilim were perfect angelic creatures who materialized as men.

The Nephilim only desired females -- members of the opposite sex from which they had materialized.

Does this not make same-sex attraction a matter of "imperfection"?

[Just kidding! Just kidding! No hate crime committed. I'm just "stirring the shit". Must be bored this morn. But isn't that "logical" JW reasoning?]

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Ray...reread the wiki excerpt you posted. It specifically says what I did.

• As far as little people legends:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_people_(mythology)

I have no desire to argue the point. It's not hard to understand legends of large or small people or ugly or evil or wise or fast or invisible etc. Human imagination is pretty predictable. Take what you see and overlay what you wish or you fear.

When you need to make that what you fear seem powerful you endow it with size or magic. Kinda like how the Christian who wrote Gospel of Peter who wished to make his heroes (angels and Jesus) powerful described them as giants:

40) And the heads of the two reached as far as heaven, but that of the one being led by them reached beyond the heavens.

• incognito2014
    incognito2014

So will the Nephilim get a resurrection?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

So will the Nephilim get a resurrection?

Sure.... we can always use someone really tall to pick the apples from the top of the trees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit