Unhappy being asked to give a Disfellowshipped Sister a ride to and from Meetings

by Isambard Crater 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

You are an adult female who gets to decide who you will allow or are comfortable in allowing in your vehicle.

I had (wrongly?) assumed the OP was a male.

• Incognito
    Incognito

No prob Steve,

This from IC's 2nd post on page 1

I'm a woman too, explaining why this Elder asked me to give the disfellowshipped woman a ride rather than ask a Brother

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yeh, I can see why it would be a an unpleasant annoyance to pick up someone out your way, at the same time being ostracized to not talk to the person.

I know of a good practical resolve though , stop going to the the Kingdom Halls and leave this corrupt foul religion all together.

• Lett The Shunning Begin
    Lett The Shunning Begin

You could tell the elder that you need to talk to the Circuit Overseer to make sure this arrangement is approved by the Org........

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

You're going to think i watch too much TV, which is true...What if the elders have asked this disf person to report back to them whether you make disparaging comments about the org, while the two of you are alone in the car?

I know that sounds paranoid but after all the weird stories i've read about elders stalking and nosing into people's business, it's not that farfetched.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Tinfoil hat time. If nobody knows the elder asked you to do that you could get called on the carpet yourself for associating with a DF'd person. If he denies asking you to do this, BAM you're disfellowshipped. I've seen elders pull this kind of stuff, and if you're PIMO they might be looking for a stick to beat you with.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"She asks weird questions and gets angry" ???

Send her to the forum she'll fit right in.

Have a heart. After all you just asked us a weird question, and if the elder knew you came here you would be disfellowshipped too!

• stillin
    stillin

Hard to say. IOwnmy ownlife could be right in saying that it's a trap to see what you are made out of. The DF'd person could score extra points for telling them that (gasp!) you spoke to her about the weather!

On the other hand, it could be a vote of confidence from the elder. Confident that you will do the "right" thing and this sister will get some real lovin' out of you when you ignore her all the way to and from the Kingdom Hall

• gone for good
    gone for good

"...and I was told six months ago (when I didn't know who she was) not to speak to her as she's disfellowshiped."

It is against the law to forbid communication between citizens. See how much better democratic laws are than theocratic crap?

• steve2
    steve2

Elder: Sister Pushover, could you give Sister Disfellowshipped a ride to the meetings and take her home afterwards?

Sister Pushover: Sure brother. I'll clear out the trunk and she'll fit in just fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit