Unhappy being asked to give a Disfellowshipped Sister a ride to and from Meetings

by Isambard Crater 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

I'm PIMO, very much against disfellowshipping, and going to a Meeting leaves me feeling confused and angry at the best of times. Except an elder asked me on Thursday night if I can start giving a ride to a disfellowshipped woman because she lives near me and nobody else from the Hall lives in my village. It seems the elder and his family who have been giving this woman a ride for the past six months can no longer stomach the time it takes them to go out of their way.

I thought all normal publishers weren't to have any contact with disfellowshipped people? I mean, this woman is told to sit at the back, and I was told six months ago (when I didn't know who she was) not to speak to her as she's disfellowshipped. So why are the Elders in my Kingdom Hall being relaxed about asking people to give this woman a ride? It freaks me out being told not to say a word to her before she gets in my car and not a word once she's gotten back out, but it's fine to chat to her on the car ride. What the hell? I've heard from others in the Hall that she asks weird questions and can get angry, so these are extra reasons I'm unhappy.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Possibly the woman is about to be reinstated but the elder didn't deem fit to divulge that piece of information. So he is preparing to divest himself of the chore of giving her a lift.

If you don't want to do it you could just make an excuse. Although I can't come up with one off the top of my head.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Maybe you are on the soon to be MS or Elder list?

G.

• Listener
    Listener

Just tell him the truth, that you don't feel comfortable doing this. You shouldn't have to explain further and if he does go on about it, point out that you don't like being pressured about it when you've already said how you feel.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ask the Elder why she was DF and if he refuses to divulge that information simply say no .

She might be a nymphomaniac for all you know and try to seduce you .

Because the Elder asks you doesn`t mean you have to accept

You sound like you are still very much under the control of the Elders ?

They have NO control over you unless you give it to them .

Understand ?

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

I'm a woman too, explaining why this Elder asked me to give the disfellowshipped woman a ride rather than ask a Brother.

When the Elder asked me on Thursday night, I did actually dig a bit and he hinted this disfellowshipped woman still smokes and is at least a year off being Reinstated.

I just didn't think J.W Elders make any exceptions for the average flock to speak to DF people, and it will be very weird having to shun this woman at the Kingdom Hall after she gets out of my car.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Another year in the doghouse for smoking? Can the elders be charged with unusual or cruel punishment? Was this even the original sin, or just an extra serving shunning on top?

• JRK
    JRK

JUST SAY NO!

JK

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Have some compassion and talk to the woman, you know, like Jesus would've done. Stop thinking of your own discomfort.

. . she asks weird questions and can get angry, so these are extra reasons I'm unhappy.

I'd be angry and 'weird' too.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    "What would Jesus do?" Not necessarily the interrogative most anticipated from nicolaou. Are we witnessing a crisis of atheism?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit