Honestly, Do You Still Act or Think Like a JW?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Clambake
    Clambake

Pompous, Arrogant, mock people who don’t think just like you.

You just posted about thirty times in one thread about the falsehood of the trinity

Yeah, you are so removed from the WTS.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think it's easy to recognize and root out the obvious JWisms in our behaviors. But there are automatic, knee-jerk thoughts, feelings and reactions that are related to our indoctrination that we may not recognize in ourselves.

I find post-cult defensiveness and taking myself too seriously, is a cult hangover I have to constantly pull myself up on.

• cofty
    cofty
    Pompous, Arrogant, mock people who don’t think just like you. - Clambake

Usual standard of personal attacks by Jesus' fans.

Unlike you I never mock people.

You just posted about thirty times in one thread about the falsehood of the trinity

Your failure to deal with a simple challenge about your most fundamental doctrine is interesting.

• Clambake
    Clambake

I have briefly explained to you why I believe Jesus is the manifestation of god in the flesh and how jesus and his father existed together as Jehovah/Yawah/LORD from the old testament. I am not going to write an essay for you.

My god, you are literally just like taking to an Elder.

I bet your actually some undercover apostate hunter

• cofty
    cofty

Clambake please stop hijacking this thread with your rants.

Send me a PM if you want to insult me any more. It always makes me smile. Thanks

• pronomono
    pronomono
    ...and I still have a tendency to use "JWs versus worldly people" when comparing JWs to everyone else. I have to stop and correct myself with "JWs versus regular people" when making the comparison.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Clambake/ cofty:Do we need to form a judicial committee for you folks??

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    I sure hope not, I try really hard to be nothing like them but old habits probably sneak in once and a while.
  • minimus
    minimus
    I was given a compliment by my girlfriend's family and my other "worldly" friends at my mom's mercy meal. They met the 99 percent Witnesses that were there and noticed how they were very nice but clearly different, in a weird way. They said I was totally unlike the Witnesses so that's a god think, I reckon.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I'd like to think that after fifteen years of being a "fader" that any JW mannerisms or thought-stoppers are gone. Besides, I was not a born-in but came in as a young adult.

Truthfully, I was not much of a Witness anyway and was really on the fringes.

About the only thing I do now is sometimes say grace before big meals, but I did that when I was Catholic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit