It would be nice if this forum went back to the basics

by nowwhat? 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Not to offend or impose my opinion. But simply I would like to see just news and insights from the local congregation to the top organization level of: downsizing, closings, c.s.a. personal experiences,Unscriptural doctrines of the org.and direct commentary of the above. No entertainment or political posts. (there's plenty of other avenues for that) where this forum can be more of a resource for new pimo's to check out.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Of the ten topics on the first page only one does not directly related to the topics you mentioned you want to see. Guess which one isnt “on point”?

That aside, it comes and goes. There is a lot if jw talk here. A lot. Some really good, some really petty and ignorant, but in the end people grow and want to discuss other things as well. There is only so much “wt bad, cults bad” discussion to be had in a day.

The ignore button works really well, once you find it.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Good ol' p.e. Now there's a guy that needs to move on with his life!

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Dictating what others should or shouldn't reasonably be able to do here, sounds like a familiar trait. I see some things here I don't agree with, just like I see things elsewhere on the net, as well as daily life, work, tv, billboards, etc... Guess what, I have the right to bitch about it, or ignore it, and go along my merry way, choosing to not let it effect me. Its nice to have those choices, and I'm happy that others have the right to voice their opinions, even if they differ from mine. As Morpheus said, the scroll past feature works well, learning to use it is often good for ones mental health.

• cofty
    cofty

Contrast and compare >>

Not to ... impose my opinion. - nowwhat
    Dictating what others should or shouldn't reasonably be able to do here, sounds like a familiar trait - IM
  • Simon
    Simon
    No entertainment or political posts

Yeah, the technology I use that reaches through your internet connection and forces people to click on topics they are not interested in is truly terrible.

Seriously, people can chose what to read. Occasionally people go too far and try to use the forum as a dumping ground for their political views when nothing newsworthy has happened that is worth discussing and if / when that is happening we deal with it.

Generally, my approach has always been to go with the flow and allow non-JW related discussions as long as they are decent and interesting because there isn't always something "big" happening in JW-land and people want to discuss other things in the meantime until there is.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

No entertainment or political posts.

nowwhat ...

I agree with you.

However, I did find it useful here on a thread to learn how to control diarrhea while on public transportation.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As mentioned by Simon, you do have free will to choose to click or not click on a particular topic. Choose carefully!

As you recall, Adam clicked on the "Fruit" icon in the Garden of Eden, his entire system crashed and then he got fired.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Lmao@Rubadub!

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Cofty, It's easy to say "not to impose my opinion", followed by an opinion where you'd like to see others posts restricted to certain topics only. It's still wishing to impose your opinion, and hoping someone will dictate what can and cant be discussed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit