It would be nice if this forum went back to the basics

by nowwhat? 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

If it is posted in the appropriate category and has an honest title that describes the post clearly, I see no problem.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

Different topics interest different people.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think its a great site just the way it is ,as they say "variety is the Spice of Life" .

• JeffT
    JeffT

I left the Witnesses before the internet existed. Even though both my wife an myself were converts, and those had experience outside JW land; returning to Earth was not an easy journey. I am sure it is much more difficult for born-ins. I would think that reasonable and appropriate open discussions of such matters as politics and entertainment are a great to help to those that have not ever been able to do so before. Topics like that might really help some in the exit from the Watchtower, and are therefore proper for this board.

If it doesn't interest you, don't read it. There isn't a test at the end to see if you read it all.

• steve2
    steve2

Nowwhat? Please forward me the names(s) of poster’s making you read their posts that are not on topics you prefer. Then I will send them pms asking them to desist because it upsets you, okay?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Perfect example of what's wrong with society today. There's a big difference between politely sharing an opinion and DEMANDING everyone see things a certain way. Sheesh!

• steve2
    steve2

Nowwhat? You’re right. If your opinion is that you want the forum to go back to basics, it’s just that: an opinion. Just as my response was. In the meantime, the categories on this forum should steer you away from stuff you consider to not be the basics. Problem solved!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have gotten very selective about the threads I read. I ignore a lot of content. I excise my free will without imposing my preferences on others.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i'm selective about what i read. if a see a scripture quoted--i'm out.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - "...there isn't always something 'big' happening in JW-land..."

No, not always.

These days, though?

More often than before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit