The only way to know God exists!

by iconoclastic 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Dear punkofnice

When the concept of love is mentioned, you don’t ask which love—American love, European love, Russian love, Australian love. Similarly, when the concept of God is mentioned, asking which God—Hebrew, Christian, Muslim …. is not necessary!

People simply ask for proof. If proof is given, they will still cling on to their conviction. Medical Science has coined the word life-style diseases which means certain life styles invite some diseases. What effect does this have on people? Now, we also know that cooking destroys enzymes and brings in loss of protein and vitamins. (for more details: Survival Report into the 21st Century, BY Dr. Viktoras Kulvinskas). Will this change the habit of cooking we are so accustomed to? No chance.

Why, even our own experience does not change our conviction. You think you are the physical body. Yet every night in a dream experience while that body is stretched out on a mattress, a ‘you’ unconnected to the body works through your dream. That dream experience does not shake your conviction that you are the body. Wilder Penfield experimented with patients undergoing neurosurgery and found that the mind seemed to act independently of the brain in the same way a programmer acts independent of his computer, however much he may depend upon his computer. British neurologist and Nobel laureate John Eccles showed consciousness to be extracerebral and specified an area (SMA) in the brain where fusion of the consciousness with brain takes place. He also showed that by a complex code the extracerebral mind is playing 50 million neurons in the SMA region. Eccles holds that such a non-physical mind survives after death of our physical body and brain. Yet what effect did his findings (now more than 10 years old) have on people?

Because if we believe we have an immortal mind, then we will have to believe in a Supreme Mind behind this universe which people in general do not want to accept.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Iconoclastic by name but most definitely not by practise... You make wildly disjointed assertions hardly any of which can be supported in the tangible world. The problem lies in that you speak the language of “belief” where anything is possible and which requires no facts or evidence just hope. Nothing useful can come from this.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Icon - When the concept of love is mentioned, you don’t ask which love

I need to know the context if it isn't explained. So, yes I would. Is it love of family, partner, friends, my money, which love?

So from that, I conclude god is not a person but an emotion?

Come on, gavnar. You're promoting Braham Kumaris innit

• cofty
    cofty

I have a test for you Icon

Live as if no god exists. Stop all praying, reading, worship, spiritual fellowship etc for 6 months.

Take note that you will be no less moral or compassionate. Shit will still happen as well as fortuitous events in the same proportion as before.

Remember when Dumbo discovered he could fly without the feather?

• cofty
    cofty
    Icon, I have you down as a deist as you seem to stress reason and rationality more than anything else? - Ruby

He/she is in the premier league of irrational posters.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

Cofty,

This I not only agree with you—but this is what I have been practicing ever since I left JW org***. But when my wife started a hospital with the money I earned, and later turned into more of a service to the society working in close association with Catholic nuns who also run some orphanages, we began to experience the invisible support of God. Our former life of money-making business and its attendant pleasures are comparable to drainage water where as now as if we are drinking from the pure water. Hence the OP that says--rather than trying to seek proof for the existence of God, attract Him towards you embarking on journey doing exactly what you expect Him to do if He were present here.

***(not much longer association I had with JW. After Bible study was over, I began a practice of reading a chapter daily. When I reached Jeremiah—especially 7:22 and 8:8 I stopped reading the Bible and association with JWs whose basic belief is that every verse of the Bible is inspired whereas Jeremiah in those two verses say much of the Bible is interpolated)

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Dear punkofnice
    Don't worry about any organization. No one can recruit you without your consent!
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    That's what the JWs said.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    is correctly described in Deuteronomy 10:17 as “one who treats none with partiality,”
    He's and equal opportunity annihilator .
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    iconoclastic7 hours agoDear punkofnice
    Don't worry about any organization. No one can recruit you without your consent!
    I tend to find that gregarious humans tend to gravitate to kindred spirits. As the saying goes, no man is an island (apart from Fred Madagascar).
    I don't know of too many 'spiritual' people that don't congregate with like minds at some point. At that point some organisation might get money. Even if someone is buying crystals or something.
    No one can recruit without consent but we've seen how subtle cults are in doing recruiting by convincing their victim that they do wish to consent.
    As for organisations....they can get knotted. Won't get fooled again. (Does windmill on the guitar).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit