What will JJ Abrams and Disney do for Star Wars episode IX?

by LoveUniHateExams 23 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I heard that JJ Abrams has finished the screenplay and they'll be starting to shoot the final episode soon.

So where will the story go?

Han Solo is dead, Snoke is dead, Leia can only have a very limited role at best because Carrie Fisher unfortunately died ...

Plus, Rey has already defeated the main villain once before, in her first lightsaber fight (in The Force Awakens, because 'ovaries!', I guess XD).

And she saved his ass against Snoke's elite guards (in The Last Jedi) - so it will be difficult to film any kind of dramatic tension between Rey and Kylo Ren.

I won't be seeing this film in the cinema or buying it on DVD but I am kinda curious how things will pan out ...

What do you think?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Luke will come back as a force ghost for the purposes of 1) saving more alien horses, 2) to procure more milk from the ball sack tits of some alien sea cow (it’s in high demand in the force ghost realm), and 3) torment Kilo with “Its a small world after all” each and every time he takes a crap, knowing full well Kilo can’t do a damn thing.

Note: those were not listed in the order of importance.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

In reply to the topic title: Make a shit-ton of money?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

In reply to the topic title: Make a shit-ton of money? - well, this isn't a given.

After The Last Jedi, a lot of SW fans were upset. They had genuine grievances - shitty writing ... plot holes galore ... Rey the Mary Sue ... Luke Skywalker, once the most optimistic character in the SW universe, the guy who was willing to put his life on the line to turn Vader, his father, back from the dark side, had now become a grumpy old loser who once tried to murder his nephew!

The response from JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy?

Why, these fans are sexist. That was literally it.

Smart move, Disney!

Insulting your own fan base.

Large swathes of fans are talking of boycotting episode IX.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Im a huge sw fan and still havnt seen solo. I prob wont bother with the latest dreck when it comes out.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I heard thier done making Star Wars movies because thier previous movies have been so bad and not done well at the box office.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I heard thier done making Star Wars movies because thier previous movies have been so bad and not done well at the box office - yes I heard this too. But it was about their spin-off films.

Because Solo (2018) did so poorly at the box office, Disney might cancel their spin-off Boba Fett movie.

They have to make episode IX because it's part of the sequel trilogy.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

It’s pretty simple to understand... just do what Disney never did and still refuses to do: listen to the fans. They are upset for none of the reasons Disney thinks they are upset. To Disney they just see a mob of overly critical racist, sexist, incels.

In reality the fans are pissed about absolute crappy story lines, no character development, SJW narratives, Mary Sue, and utter universe internal contradictions.

Just watch the YouTubes our there....

With that said, the force ghost Han will return (even though he never used the force) and confess his gay love for Luke. Luke will reciprocate.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

For all the people on the planet who have never seen a Star Wars film (like myself) and don't plan to ever do so, who cares . . .

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Obviously people, like you, who take the time to click on a thread with a title that clearly identifies the topic and who take the time to reply, care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit