What do you think of the ransom as proof of Jehovah's love?

by AlainAlam 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I'm not selling it SB, just explaining it.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I got you Cofty. My comments were directed to the author of the OP..

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

The whole idea of ransom is based on the idea of inherited sin. This is a doctrine I also fine faulty. Do you, parents, punish your grand children for something your children did? Well, by biblical standard, wouldn't you have to? That is not love! Love does not "keep account of the injury."

Two thousand years ago, the Mithraic mystery cults were prominent. How much of the writings in the Bible were influenced by them?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Is a fascinating story of the noble father who paid the ultimate ransom price--the life of his only son! But who the fuck set the ransom price to begin with?--- Well that would be----The noble father!

just saying!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What does this have to do with me? Nothing. There is not one iota of marginal cost to this "sacrifice" for me. Joke-hova did not do this for each individual--it did it for the first individual, after which the marginal cost is zero. Of course, the marginal benefit to the recipients is minus infinity. Global enslavement under the worst possible conditions is worse than getting destroyed at Armageddon.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Jesus died to buy back the value of the perfect life that Adam forfeited by his disobedience

Bought it back to who? God? That's my point... if God was love why demand a ransom in the first place? And why not simply create another Adam and Eve?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

We are all EX - JWS right? Why are some of you still holding on to the WT teaching that Jesus bought back the value of Adam's life?

Cofty understands that this is not a Christian teaching. Why are some of you still holding on to this?

Stephane : "if God was love why demand a ransom in the first place"?

God states that the wages of sin is death. But man also demands (rightly so) free will. The Substitution Atonement allows for both Justice and Mercy to work together. If God refused to punish evil, that would make him an enabler of sin; and by default the author of it by his refusal to judge it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A sacrificial escape goat provided for all humanity

.......naaa never happened just some more ancient (fictional) mythology

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    God states that the wages of sin is death.

So, could we reframe this to : Capital punishment for someone who fails God? That would mean the perpetrator of the sin would be facing capital punishment. What would the life of someone else have to do with it?

Even if that was some rule, it is still God that established it. Considering that every miracles performed in the past have violated the rules of physics also established by God, why would he not be able to violate that rule as well?

• waton
    waton
    who set the ransom price to begin with?--- Well that would be----The noble father!

eu2bae: a concept actually attributed to "Moses" , erasing bloodguilt on the territory.

Imagine the son returning invisibly to the father, bearing the invisible "value of his sacrifice"

ransom paid still no effect felt, because ot is all invisible. invisible love, like cofty said,

not selling, just saying.

It is the "murderer from the beginning" that should have paid the cleansing price. so:

"jesus" actually substituted himself for "Satan" the culprit another "son of god" all in the invisible

parousia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit