Is there a surge in "Upwakers"?

by Phizzy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I miss-read it..as upwankers

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hi Stan, that's why I invented it that way, I thought it might catch the eye, and as I said in my O.P, it was invented as a piss take of the very silly "needgreaters" that I have seen JW's use, wankers.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    jp1692 - "It's the frequency illusion. "

Party pooper.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

People waking up. The lds which I consider a more proactive and forward thinking church (although doctrinally more bizarre) than the JWs. Is certainly trying to address the issue of the internet and people leaving. Going by that it would be highly likely that those at the top are at least aware of it. Numbers wise for now it’s status quo to quite soon getting to a point where they can no longer hide it.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Phizzy,

I love your newly invented word 'upwankers', I mean 'upwakers'. I hope that it 'takes' and eventually becomes part of Wikipedia! Yes the wt and jw's often invent their own stupid words and phrases that become part of the average jw vocabulary and just sound soooooooo culty!

I see a real trend here in central California of jw's that have gone PIMO and it's reflected in meeting attendance which in turn necessitates the merging of congregations. So many former gung-ho jw's who don't see meetings as of primary importance. Many miss meeting for seemingly "frivolous" reasons like sporting events, concerts, school events, etc.

Damn shame that it took me so long to be a proud member of the "Upwakers".

just saying!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    eyeused2badub - "...I see a real trend here in central California of JWs that have gone PIMO and it's reflected in meeting attendance, which in turn necessitates the merging of congregations..."

...which makes it even easier to play hooky on meeting nights 'cause the (new) KH is "so far away", which negatively impacts attendance even further, and so on and so forth...

Never underestimate the effectiveness of passive resistance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit