Is there a surge in "Upwakers"?

by Phizzy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The stupid word in the Topic title is a piss-take on the bloody silly JW word "needgreaters" that I have seen them use.

But my question is genuine, I know it is a cyclical thing, we get what seems to be a lot of Newbies, and then things quieten down, but not just on here, elsewhere on Social Media I am seeing stories of people finding the courage to leave, having woken up for a variety of reasons, but usually the Child Abuse scandal, and the spiteful, judgmental nature of many JW's, who, though supposedly friends, will run off to the Elders to snitch on you, not talk to you.

Is their a real increase in those leaving ? I do hope so, so many more finding real Freedom and Happiness !

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It's certainly been a busy few days on here for people waking up. Plus an account of a CO spilling the beans in the eulogy at his father's KH funeral. Speeding it up in its own time 😀

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i doubt if the child abuse scandal affects most dubs--after all--its only apostate lies.

but the loss of their own kingdom hall--which they saved up for and have been paying for years--now that will hit hard.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

It still seems most people leave because of personal circumstances. Then they get affirmation by coming here and doing research .

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Could be, there's a lot of recent things coming out that involve the JWS such as the recent Leah Remini exposing show and the media attention being displayed of the JWS pedophile cover up. etc.

The CBC broadcast station here in Canada did a one hour documentary on the subject.

Then there's all the info on places like YouTube and open public forums like this one.

• jp1692
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

People now days are seeing what the WTS/JWorg. is and what they see is potential bullshit by men who have created their own power and money source, theologically speaking of course.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

There was an uptick in those that left after the change in the generation teaching in 1995 . There was again after ARC and now with the child abuse. Also the fact that one can do research online is helping to make the leavers not only increase but less are going back.

As more and more child abuse gets reported I think the leavers will continue to increase. What really helps is JWs talk to their families and more leave do to this despite all the GB are doing to try and stop it.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Hey Phizzy.

Wondering if coming to the end of 2018 has been a mental trigger for some?

100 yrs from 1914 - 2014 might have started the slide and the arrival of 2018, 100 yrs since the end of ww1 has sealed the deal?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I hope this is happening on all ex JW sites Phizzy as its very encouraging to see. Especially with the apparent reversal taking place in the JW religion .

Their loss is our gain .

but "Upwakers" ? where did you dig that word up from.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit