What Is The Most Effective Brainwashing Technique The Society Uses?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Parousia
    Parousia

You are all right! Here's another one....

Isolation.

She didn't know it at the time, but my sister remembers the last holiday our family ever celebrated. One day our mother announced...no more Christmas and no more birthdays. Our extended family and friends were informed not to include us in their gift giving or celebrations or expect anything from us in return. We were cut off. That was before I was born. I've always felt like I lived life peeping in through a window...watching other people live.

Fear is isolation's evil twin.

I never thought I'd grow up. Armageddon was going to happen any moment. When I was five we had storm with hail the size of golf balls. We lived in a thin metal singlewide mobile home. It sounded like the roof was coming down. My Mom said it might be Armageddon. We were all terrified crouching down together in the hallway. I was pretty sure I wasn't good enough to make it because a little neighbor girl and me had recently gotten into her parents cigarettes. We stacked up milk cartons, put a sheet over them, proceeded to light cigarettes, placed them between each of our fingers, and then tried to smoke all of them. It's a wonder we didn't catch the house on fire. We just got sick, and that leads to...guilt, fear and isolation's evil sibling. I'd say they are triplets.

• justhuman
    justhuman

ARMAGEDDON

• hippikon
    hippikon

Telling them brain washing is good for them - Its what Jehovah wants

• minimus
    minimus

Most people NEED friends. The Society effectively takes away all friendships within the organization. Remember, if you've dedicated your life to God, it means you've left ALL your "worldly" family and friends behind. Since the only "friends" you have are JW's, you're stuck. There really is no place to go. And if you've been in the organization for a number of years or an entire lifetime, you have to face the fact that leaving the organization means you will be alone, at least til the time that you make new friends. Some people are so screwed up because they were Witnesses, that it is very difficult to forge ahead and just go out there and get a support system......It is a vicious cycle......Meanwhile, for any that are thinking of leaving the organization, start making new friendships NOW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit