What Is The Most Effective Brainwashing Technique The Society Uses?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

This may sound weird but I think it's the theocratic ministry school guidebook. I gave my first talk at 5 yrs. old. It teaches you how to brainwash others and yourself, by voice modulation, gestures etc. It's like "voice" in Frank Herberts Dune..

• tom64kat
    tom64kat

once a person accepts in their own mind the idea that the GB speaks for GOD the rest is childsplay...what won't a person do or what treatment they won't accept if they think it has gods approval?

first the best foot is put forward, everlasting life, paradise earth, peace, etc...then after you've committed-(baptism)-slowly the skeletons come out of the closet...tom64kat

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The substitution of "the organisation" for "Jehovah".

• minimus
    minimus

Organization and Jehovah are the EXACT same thing. The Bible and the publications are the EXACT same thing. It is amazing!!! Everytime my mother "proves" to me a scriptural point, she gives a Watchtower explanation. When I say that what she said is NOT what the Bible said, she gets either confused or irritated. I've been telling her that "it's too bad you're really brainwashed, but I pray for you to see the light", that really fets to her. The good thing is that she can many times, see my reason for not believing the Watchtower way. There is hope.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Repetition, repetition, repetition.

One young brother commented that the service meetings are like the movie "Groundhog Day". Same thing over and over and over and over.

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

Simple...their indoctrination process provides them with a leash they use to control every aspect of your life, too lengthy to explain but everybody knows what I mean.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

That a JW will be SHUNNED by their JW family and friends if they don't stay within the WBTS.

Spanner

• Liberty
    Liberty

By constantly changing their own history when they already have you unsure about whether you can trust your memory. The Watch Tower Cult uses so many of these "1984" type brain washing techniques that it's hard to keep up with them all. They have their own "memory hole", "double speak", "right think", "hates", etc.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ahhh, the repetition!!! Mulan has reminded me!

Have you noticed the District Convention programs? They're the same each year. Just the talk titles have been changed, but the content is the same.

Cheers, Ozzie

• shera
    shera

Fear and repetition...hearing the same thing over and over.blahhhh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit