Iowa Democratic Caucus - Just WOW

by Simon 19 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

There was a babylon bee or onion spoof article a few weeks back claiming the democrats would lose their own caucus and ... well, they managed to do it for real.

Apparently they can't count their own votes, their app and process is now steeped in corruption (created by a company called 'shadow' that has taken money from multiple candidates as well as the DNC and has links to Clinton) and multiple candidates have declared themselves the winner. Biden has apparently done so badly that he's going to court to block the results being announced. No estimate of when they will be released even.

How do they come up with this ... and what does it mean for the election results where they oversee the counts?

It's hard to know if it's sleaze or incompetence, or incompetent-sleaze, but it's a mess. Hardly screams "we can run the country" when they can't manage to count 10 people stood in a room.

The most ridiculous thing is that they sometimes end up tossing a coin to decide the winner in the event of a tie (apparently Clinton won a suspicious statistically wrong number to win her the last nomination). You may think "meh, you need something", which is fair ... right?

I mean, it's not like anyone can blatantly screw up a coin-toss ... right? Wrong! Look at this clown:

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1224775528072171520

• minimus
    minimus

Funny it’s like all of a sudden no one seems to really care about this debacle! Winning Iowa doesn’t insure winning the nomination. Now whoever wins Iowa will be suspect. Did they really win the caucus?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"How to NOT make Iowa caucuses count."

Everybody wins!!

I think it's going to be a HUGE positive for Pete Buttigieg's campaign. I'm shocked the Bible Thumpers of Iowa can support the gay candidate. Things really are a-changing. But if Biden gets kicked to the curb, moderates will be scrambling for another "moderate" to support (can you believe calling the gay guy "moderate"?). Mayor Pete is good looking, eloquent speaking, and hasn't done much of anything to-date -- he's only 38) so there's nothing really bad to haunt him. Months ago there were hailing him as the "white Obama".

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think these "caucus things" are over with.

Republicans had problems with them in 2012.

Dems had problems with them in 2016 and now 2020.

Quite frankly, I never understood them anyway. You go to some school gymnasium and move around and get into groups until you all agree on someone.

It's not like it's a real vote on anyone.

Personally, I think it's a waste of time.

Rub a Dub

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Dude chill, it was an issue with the App that was being used to count the votes.

• Simon
    Simon
    it was an issue with the App that was being used to count the votes.

You really believe it's that simple?

Question 1: does the technology exist for people to communicate somehow, over long distances? Imagine a fictitious device that let people do this, let's call it a "telephone", could the results have been collected using that?

Question 2: were they? would it take this long to do so?

Blaming the app is easy, a get-out, but that is just the symptom - the real cause is either incompetence or corruption, possibly both. They knew this was an issue and specifically announced that they had everything in place ... and yet here we are.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Mayor Pete seems a decent man, the others look like too much compromised with the system. The Democratic party needs new guys, remember Obama?.

• minimus
    minimus

MSNBC says the caucuses are “racist”.

• hoser
    hoser

The Dems are proving trump was right all along.

• Simon
    Simon

The system they are using to count votes was developed by Hillary Clinton's former campaign manager.

You literally couldn't make it up - people would claim it was too crazy a plot.

The democrats can't run a few local meetups, they certainly can't run a country or a healthcare system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit