Proof that Watchtower Invested $40M into Hedge funds...

by Newly Enlightened 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

back in 2007. And now the hedge funds are reporting losses. Could this be why Watchtower is crying how broke they are?

https://www.watchtowerlies.com/linked/investments_of_watchtower_in_the_hedge_funds_in_cayman_islands_a_tax_haven_40000000_2007_en.pdf

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Most of us are pretty clueless on this subject. What is the 40 million vs the 499999 million? Why would a group that pays no taxes have any business in the Cayman islands? What kind of investment is this? Can they lose more than they put up?
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Many of this things have been dismissed as "regular business deals" that all churches or businesses do to protect their financial assets.

I personally don't care if the Riley fund simply has the watchtower as its beneficiary. The watchtower should question every penny that comes from investments to make sure they don't cross the line. The shady investments of the catholic church were used to sell me the idea that JWs don't do this type of things.

This is not far from the above. The Caymand Islands are known by most people as tax and fraud heavens. They should keep their money away from it, period. Remember? If eating meat stumbles my brother, I would not eat meat again. I seriously doubt that Paul would have ever done something good that looked bad.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Understandably, Hedge funds can be a HUGE risk. Sometimes they do pay massive dividends, but the ''captain obvious'' risk is , What if they don't??

Nobody really seen the downturn in the economy in the second half of 2008. But the disturbing question is this;

''Why would the Borg be willing to take such a risk as this when they are a not for profit organization which doesn't pay taxes??''

Mindboggling!!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    do words like--gambling and greed come to mind ?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''do words like--gambling and greed come to mind?''

Stan. Yes big, big time.

• sir82
    sir82

I wonder who advises them in their investments? I personally know that at least some Bethelites have been trained in financial investing, but I don't know how much they depend on them, vs. "worldly" consultants.

How much do you want to bet that the Bethelite investment mangers' primary qualifications for the job were "spiritual" rather than "financial"?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yes. You see that a lot these days. Even when it comes to construction and other things. A brother is chosen as being more ''spiritual'' for task over a brother who is more ''experienced'' at things. Very annoying.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How much do you want to bet that the Bethelite investment mangers' primary qualifications for the job were "spiritual" rather than "financial"?

That's bullshit!

Bethel waives the spiritual qualification rule on doctors, lawyers, indian chiefs, and money managers. (Or any other time it is convenient for them.)

Doc

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I emailed this to my financial advisor. He said that none of the names on the certificate show up in the SEC database. Does anybody know why that would be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit