Sunday morning meetings

by JH 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Ours used to start at 10:30am ... people kept coming late when it was at 10 so they moved it back. Guess what? Same people then came late at 10:30 ...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

In Australia, the Branch here encourages congregations having morning meetings to arrange field service group about ½ hour after the Tower study finishes.

This means that a congo having a 10 o'clock meeting will have a field service meeting at about 12:15. The start-time on territory would be about 12:45 at the latest and would allow a publisher to get 3 hours in service and be home by 4pm.

When do they get lunch? They're encouraged to bring a packed lunch to eat at the KH in the ½ hour between the Tower study and the F/S meeting.

From what I observed, this was especially popular with Bethelites who were mostly interested in getting back home as soon as they could. After all, they had to sort out their laundry for the week on Sunday evening!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• shera
    shera

Yes,JH.I wanted to leave all the time.Then I just stopped going and that fixed that problem. ;0)

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

SheilaM - OUCH! Sad but true. I will never give up on my Chiefs though. I go to at least 1 game every year, they have NEVER lost at any game I have been to!!!!! I should go more often then, eh? :-)

Eric

P.S. I couldnt help but notice that you didnt offer up which team you follow?!?! LOL

P.P.S - Sorry about the thread hijack!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Really, the whole day was a wasted one. Regardless of the time it started, when you count all the time to get ready for the meeting, and then to get home and unwind from the meeting. All growing up I never, ever had a day on the weekend free. One morning was the meeting, the other was service.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Really, the whole day was a wasted one. Regardless of the time it started, when you count all the time to get ready for the meeting, and then to get home and unwind from the meeting. All growing up I never, ever had a day on the weekend free. One morning was the meeting, the other was service.

• LB
    LB

First ours started at 9:30 because so many lived in a town many miles away. Everyone complained when it got moved to 10:00am because it was figured if they had to go to work down the hill wouldn't they be able to get there by 8am at the latesst. Then eventually no one lived in that town that attended meetings so they kept it the same.

Now they share the hall so meeting times are changed around. But they share only because they've moved in an already existing congregation. This congregation has to travel a long ways but what the heck, they get to brag about splitting right?

The worst thing was when they decided to move the thursay meeting to friday. We got about 100 people in the hall on thursdays and maybe 35-40 at the most on friday. After a few months I pointed this out to the elders. One jumps down my throat and asks me if I'm sure attendance is down. I had to laugh and asked him if he were stupid or what? We went from 2 rear schools to none. He said don't be so sure of things. This was the beginning of the end for me. Could Jehovah really be directing anything around there?

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I had the opposite problem I don't like to get out of bed before noon on Sunday. That meeting was way too early for me. I was always cranky having to get up on Sunday Mornings.

• TR
    TR

All meeting times sucked. They took away from my quality time spent with my "unbelieving" wife.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit