Sunday morning meetings

by JH 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I find that Sunday meetings started too late. Started at 10am and finished at 12 noon. Before people left the hall, drove home, got changed, cooked the dinner, and started to eat, it was past 1pm. And then wash the dishes, and put everything away, it was about 1:30pm And they call that a morning meeting.

I call that a mid day meeting.

If the meeting was only 1 or 1 1/2 hours, ok 10am would have been ok, but since it lasted 2 hours+, they should have started the darn meetings at 9:30am to give people time to get home, prepare lunch and have a free afternoon.

Were your meetings that late on sunday mornings? Did it bother you or your children to eat so late?

• JH
    JH

testing

Your absolutely right JH

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

What bothered me was missing either the first half of my KC Chiefs games if it was a "morning" meeting and missing them completely if it was an "afternoon" meeting.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

when we shared a hall with three congregations, they took turns every year as to what order you'd go. it was either 10 -1:00 or 3:30. so it was hurry up and eat to get to the afternoon one or with the last one, get home and try to make a decent good meal in a hurry. I hated that, it was like we couldn't do any project or go anywhere because the day was so broken up by those afternoon meetings. Oh the memories that are good to have said good-by to.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I know that as a kid, I HATED getting out so late. I was usually starving. Also, when I was a pre-teen in the early 80's, it cut into my time w/ Casey Cassum and the American Top 40 radio show.

Coon

• patio34
    patio34

Ours were at 9 a.m. because of sharing the "hall" with two other "congregations" (i dislike using their lingo). I liked that much better though. All other times the meetings were at 10, so dubs can sleep in? Or get out in field service before the meeting

• david_10
    david_10

...............prepare lunch and have a free afternoon.

What do you mean "have a free afternoon?" I always had to be back at the hall at 2:00 for field service. It was always something........It never ended.

David

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

PR the way the Chiefs keep playing you may wish you were at a meeting

• shera
    shera

We shared our hall...six months of morning than six months in the afternoon.From what I recall our meetings started 9 in the morning and the afternoon ones began 1:00.

• JH
    JH

who ever felt like just getting up and leaving when you had enough? If you felt free, would you have left before the end quite often?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit