"So that we will not be confused with salesmen, it is best not to mention the donation arrangement unless we are asked..."

by Island Man 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"So that we will not be confused with salesmen..."

...he said, without a hint of irony... :smirk:

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    No need for them to ask for donations anymore! The new video of sophia giving her quarter to the donation box instead of buying ice cream is how they will get the donations from now on.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Caleb, I don't read this stuff anymore so I haven't seen this so all I can say is WTF!.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    We don't accept money, but we will accept unrighteous riches. ,
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone
    So I'm curious...how many here felt awkward about asking for donations??
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Jws are paying for the mags themselves now. Why ask for donations at all?

Mormons never asked for money. They volunteer to do yard work. I saw some climb up an clean an old lady's gutters once.

I remember feeling guilty all the time for NOT asking for donations back in the day when we were TOLD to. I remember that by NOT doing so, I was making the next JW-who was doing as they were instructed-look dishonest when he asked (arguement by bro so n so)

• jhine
    jhine

So JWs were supposed to ask for donations DTD ? II have never been asked for a donation when talking on the doorstep . Though the fact that I clearly had no sympathy with WT theology from the offset may have had something to do with that !

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Business territory. Hmmm, I wonder if it's because they don't the businesses don't think they're rivals or competition. No money in that is there?!?
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Who felt awkward asking for donations?

Householder " are the magazine free?"

the pitch as taught at the Theogratic Ministry School:-

Witness " Well the magazines are free of charge, but not free of cost"

Householder " So do you want a donation or not?"

Witness " a voluntary donation would be appreciated"

Now as to the question did I feel awkward using this pitch?

A little embarrassed, but more awkward when a householder would give a ridiculously generos donation for the flimsy magazines I new they wouldn't read anyway.

The Rebel.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I suspect the leadership wants the membership to feel awkward and embarrassed.

Helps keep the right ones in line, and motivates the troublemakers to leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit