A book by JW

by Catcat 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

i won't talk to anyone about it even my family as i dont want to be disfellowshiped.

I doubt you would be disfellowshiped for reading a certain book , even one written by an ex-jws apostate ie. Ray Franz

Crisis of Conscience .

Really you should read some of these books written by people who examine the WTS , to see if this organization falls inline with the bible.

1 John 4:1 .....

Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world.

• Scully
    Scully

You mentioned that the book is a work of fiction.

All the publications of the Watchtower are works of fiction too.

I'd say that if you're reading Watchtower fiction, then any other kind of fiction is fine.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Read Banned Books.

JWs bans books.

North Korea bans books.

Scientology bans books.

Many groups or nations ban books, and it is a form of information control. They are controlling what you know by limiting your facts. Say, a good website is jwfacts.com.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Cat Cat welcome to the forum. I was a JW for 10 years until one day parked under a tree next to a school yard eating my lunch, taking a break from my pioneer door to door service........... I watched young children at recess playing and having a good time and so forth.

Then I realized that our God........ Jehovah was going to kill everyone of them at Armageddon if they didn't become JW's. And I thought ....that was nonsense! What the heck kind of religion was I in? And pretty much just like that........... I knew it wasn't the 'truth'......... it was a monstrosity and that was it for me.

I could smell the stink on this religion and with my wife we got out....walked away. Overnight we were devalued going from a brother and sister conditionally loved and respected.......to nobody. Best decision we ever made LOL. Being a JW is proclaiming that you are an ignorant person.

Some fifty years later we still live a life well lived, volunteering in our community, loved by many ...........while in our small city the JW's are ignored as meaningless people....... if not ignored............ then despised as a pedophile protecting doomsday cult.

If you have arrived here wanting something better in your life then do something you may have not done in your life.......... read and think and question........ then speak.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

If you know the brother and it’s well known he wrote the book, your excuse is that you are supporting your brother. Haven’t had much of a chance to read it yet and have you( the interrogator) read it yet? And move on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit