NEW WORLD TRANSLATIO. WAS IT INSPIRED BY JEHOVAH.

by nightwarrior 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• playdrums
    playdrums

If you were looking to confuse the stature of Jesus what would be the first thing you could do? In God's Word you could make the meaning of derivatives of the word "kyrios" ambiguous. The best example really is Romans 14:8-9. Kyrios is used every time yet why is it translated as both "Lord" and "Jehovah?" It completely removes the context. In a way choosing the correct translation is almost beside the point because it is quite obvious that no author would use the same term to reflect two separate entities in a passage where one thought is being completed. What's classic is that the propaganda materials will make it clear that the WTS prides themselves on a "literal" interpretation of the Word. However, the translator in this clearly mixes meanings makes the passages read as desired. It's such a complete mind screw. Another classic example is our favorite: 1 Thessalonians 4:16. We know that the WTS likes to teach that this is the proof that Jesus is Michael the archangel. OK, so kyrios is properly translated as "Lord" and theos is translated as... hmmm, "God," as in "God's trumpet." Typically, I'd say that's right but I'm confused. Isn't "God" Father God - Jehovah? Why wouldn't you print "Jehovah" there? But wait, now I'm even more confused. The NWT reference Bible says that the "Lord" refers to Jehovah. Wow, my head is really spinning now. Well, if kyrios meant "Jehovah" there (per the reference Bible) why didn't you just print Jehovah in the first place like you did in a bunch of other places where kyrios is translated as such. Why make a subnote explaining the word "Lord?" And, hmmm, is Jesus really not Michael the archangel now? It must be time for a knap. playdrums

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit