My boyfriend proposed to me.

by Preston 58 Replies latest social relationships

• Matty
    Matty

Great news Preston. Many many congratulations on getting engaged!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((((Preston)))))))))

Isn't love grand??? Does this mean I officially do not have any competition when it comes to my hubby???

Love you,

Andi

• TR
    TR

Well, I guess I'm just old fashioned. I thought marriage was an ancient institution symbolising the life long commitment between a man and a woman.

Gay dude couple(John and Hank) talking to friends Dick and Mary

John: Hi Mary, meet my husband, Hank.

Mary:HUH!(Scooby Doo voice)

Later that day:

Hank: Hi Dick, meet my husband John.

Dick: HUH!(Scooby Doo voice)

Sorry folks, I believe marriage should be reserved as a hetero institution. Hey if you want to shack up with your gay partner, that's your business.

TR

• Matty
    Matty

Couples that are unmarried tend not to have the same legal, inheritance and pension rights as couples that are married. Banning gay weddings puts same sex partners at a definite disadvantage - when they are widowed they find that they have no legal right to anything of their partners. There's a question of human rights here, people should be treated equally no matter what their sexual orientation.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Preston I am so happy for you and wish you all the happiness in the world.

• TR
    TR

Matty,

Couples that are unmarried tend not to have the same legal, inheritance and pension rights as couples that are married. Banning gay weddings puts same sex partners at a definite disadvantage - when they are widowed they find that they have no legal right to anything of their partners. There's a question of human rights here, people should be treated equally no matter what their sexual orientation.

Baloney. Gays can arrange their affairs so that their partners have survivorship benefits. TR

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey TR,just be happy your not a bridesmaid,LOL!!.....OUTLAW

• Preston
    Preston

Matty – Thank you Matty, I’ll be researching my legal rights when I get married. It’s definitely not for everyone. As Lily Tomlin once said, “Marriage is a great institution, if you really want to belong in an institution”

• Preston
    Preston

T.R. – Thanks for your candor and honesty as always. My fiancé and I support heterosexual marriages too. Hey, you guys have to shoulder the burden of having children….

Andi – Pshaw, your boyfriend had no competition the day you two lovebirds met. My boyfriend (Bruce) and I agree, Neil’s hot, hot, hot! and excellent taste in music. I can’t comprehend how you guys waited until marriage … it boggles my blatantly hedonistic mind how much self control you guys have.

Rayzorblade – We’ve never met, but would love to chat sometime. E-mail me when you get the chance. As Montel says, I would like to hear your story…

Big Tex – Much thanks Tex!

Moe – My magnificent Moe, Bruce and I thank you for all your support, and you’ve supported me many a time on the boards. Thank you…

Riz – The splenor of your artistic appreciation can only be eclipsed by you’re pleasant thoughts. Thank you…

Wildhorses – We’re planning on around the end of the year, beginning of next year. Will keep you posted.

Crownboy – Thanx, I’ll need all the support I can get…

Sloan – Thank you for your congrats, I’ll be happy about as much as I make up my mind to be… Expat – I went for the pre-nup baby, and accountants are sexy IMNSHO, Arthur Anderson eat your heart out…

• Preston
    Preston

Joanna – Mirror, Mirror on the wall who’s the sweetest, liz-phair loving, red haired babe-ilicious ex-JW of them all.

Nordic – I love giving anyone a reaction, good or bad, I’m not one for a middle ground…

Vivamus – Some Nordic Godesses are better than others..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit