Very Interesting Post...

by XBEHERE 20 Replies latest jw friends

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    She's been saying this for a good 40+ years now, but I doubt she realizes that.

That' the thing - no one realizes it!

"I give this ol' system another 5 years, tops" - a phrase I've heard literally every year for the past 50 years.

I think I've posted this before, but...

In one old congregation I was in, at least 15-20 years ago, we had a daffy elder, Stephen Lett without the eyebrow jiggles. After one district convention, he had a service meeting part, where he said...

"Did you hear what they said at the convention? Did they say the end was near? I didn't hear them say the end was near. Did you hear them say the end was near? I didn't hear them say the end was near. No...they said.....the end was....[dramatic pause....and pause....and pause some more...attempt to make eye contact with every poor sap in the audience].....IMMINENT!!!! !!!! !!!!"

And now, 15 years later, he's too old to work, his pension is not nearly enough, he lives with his daughter and son-in-law, is in poor health....still waiting for that IMMINENT new world.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

The has been many world events that could of been it. Time and we are still here.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There will always be world events and wars where ""it"" could be ""it"".

The ""end"" will always be close.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Thought I'd post this interesting video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDoQbpMBng4

• blondie
    blondie

In the Bible Questions Answered publication:

"The Bible foretold that pestilences (widespread diseases, including pandemics) would occur during the last days. (Luke 21:11) " (Bible Questions Answered (ijwbq) Also Revelation 6:8.

• Pestilence, that is, widespread epidemics of infectious disease, is also part of the sign given by Jesus.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

At least since the neolithic revolution pandemics have been wiping out large chunks of our human species. What's new, really?

Between Jesus' death and 1914 there were at least 3 pandemics that killed more people than the Spanish Flu:

1. The Black Death (1347-1351)
    Death Toll: between 75 and 125 million

2. Smallpox (1520-1980)
    Death Toll: Over 500 million

3. The Spanish Flu (1918-1919)
    Death Toll: Between 17 and 50 million

4. The Plague of Justinian (541-542)
    Death Toll: Between 17 and 100 million people

• pontoon
    pontoon

When I was a young man and I slipped up and spent a night with a young lady the next morning I expected Armeggedon to start any moment. Because of me.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Here's a very interesting post.

(Sorry, couldn't resist that.)

• blondie
    blondie

Very good point, EdenOne. I remember that response too but did not remember to put it in my post. Thanks.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I thought that JWs should be immune from covid as they are neutral and covid was created by the democrats to get Trump out of office. So it is surprising that a greater proportion of JWs got the covid and died than those in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit