Very Interesting Post...

by XBEHERE 20 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    And then, for two years…..nothing happened.
    Until they pretended everything was normal and sent everyone back to the hamster wheel. Back to meetings, back to D2D, back to assemblies & conventions. Everyone, get back on the hamster wheel, and don’t you dare complain or try to get out of it by using zoom.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/14fhe4y/exercise_patience_classic_gaslighting_from_wt/

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Lol,,yeah.

I read this post on reddit this morning.

Does the Borg have amnesia or something????

Rubber-face Lett was blabbing last of the last of the last days of the days before the final part of the last days.

Then the Borg turns around and gaslights the sheeples again for putting too much into things.🙄

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Tony Morris "this is the moment we all been waiting for" start of pandemic was epic. Most be first time a GB member was right about something. The moment we were waiting for came...the sacking of uncle Morris.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Anyone who believed that our pandemic was a sign has to be crackers…..

I never saw that in the JW official teaching although I am sure some jumpy dubs went for it . Frankly, if my family’s group leader had said that, he would have been laughed at.

• Biahi
    Biahi

My mother thought that Covid was the end. I told her she was wrong, asked her if they thought 9/11 was the end…she denied it. 🤨

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Alot of the Borgites thought the covid19 pandemic was ""it"". That "it" was the end.

I knew, of course it was not "it",,,when the pandemic broke out 39 months ago.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

LOL.

Yeah, after 2+ years of no door to door field serve-us, meeting "attendance" where you could turn off your zoom camera and watch Netflix and still appear to be a good l'il JW, where literally 10 seconds of "talking about Jehovah to a non-baptized person" allows you to be counted as "active".....JWs are not bounding with unbridled joy at returning to the torturous grind of endless, mind-numbing spiritual pablum and pointless inefficient "preaching".

Who'd'a thunk it?

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Anyone who believed that our pandemic was a sign has to be crackers...
    I never saw that in the JW official teaching although I am sure some jumpy dubs went for it .

Agreed. I never believed for a second that COVID would inevitably be the start of the long-awaited "end". The Spanish flu pandemic of 1918 was far more deadly and yet the end didn't come then.

Besides which, as the Bible often reminds us, the end is supposed to come "like a thief", "at a time [you] do not think to be it" and so on. That would hardly be consistent with an obvious global situation like a deadly plague sweeping the planet (not that COVID proved to be as bad as it could've been, but we know it is still possible for a future pandemic to be worse).

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Maybe we're getting to the time where the Borg may give "strange instructions".

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Keep in mind that they believe that the end is very near and may happen any day now. So any sign that things are getting bad/worse will put many of them on alert. My mother constantly warns me that "things are so bad that they cannot continue like this," as if to imply that the end has to be soon.

She's been saying this for a good 40+ years now, but I doubt she realizes that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit