MILLIONS PROTESTING AGAINST WAR

by Realist 32 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Edit: Sorry on how this sounded. Was just trying to bring up some points.

No need to apologize, you bring up some excellent points and presented them perfectly. I just wish I had more time to address them.

Regarding the safety of the military's hardware. Well, it wouldn't be the first time or last time that there have been problems with it. My point was that the military has developed laser guided missles and GPS weapons to reduce the amount of civilian casulties (ok, one of the reasons). Are there problems with the batteries? I don't know. I suppose. One could comb through the military's weapons and probably find lots of problems. One item that comes to mind was the Harrier jet that that the Marines like to use because of it's vertical take-off and landing capabilites. But it's been linked to numerous accidents and deaths. But what's the point?

And I'll also agree with your points about lobbists and their interests. But this has been true in just about every war. To me it simply comes down to this:

Is Iraq a threat to the US? Yes. Plain and simple. If Saddam's not stopped now, we'll have another NK on our hands. A perfect example is Bill Clinton dropping the ball back in '94. History is repeating itself. And if the citizens of Iraq benefit, all the more power to us.

Will the Arabs be mad at us? But they are already. If we take Saddam out they'll be mad and fearful, which to me is better then mad and thinking that the US has lost it's will to defend itself.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

"The greatest threat to our world and its peace
    comes from those who want war, who prepare for it,
    and who, by holding out vague promises of future peace
    or by instilling fear of foreign aggression,
    try to make us accomplices to their plans."
    ~~ Hermann Hesse - Author (1877-1962)

• roybatty
    roybatty
    "The greatest threat to our world and its peace

No, the greatest threat is those leaders who can't look past the opinion polls and do what needs to be done. Those leaders who don't have the wisdom to see what their inactions will create. Those leaders who won't stand up to the threats against mankind. Leaders like Bill Clinton who was more concerned with getting a bj in the oval office then dealing with the radical Muslims planning attacks against the US. Leaders like Nevalle Chamberlain and Edouard Daladier who thought insane leaders like Hitler could be appeased. Who, signed the Munich pact, giving away a whole country (Czechoslovakia) to Hitler thinking that this would keep him at bay.

Screw it! I say pull the US forces out of the Gulf and NK, bomb any facility in either country that can make weapons that could reach the US and let the EU handle it.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

From the front of the Protest in Seattle, I would guess there were more than 100,000 people there, the crowd was very dense, and extended from south seattle by the INS in Chinatown, all the way upto about pine streat by westlake center from what I could see, that's roughly about 10 blocks or more, could be alot more than 100,000, it looked alot more than hemp fest, and we had 200,000 there.

We had veterans there, we had all mixes of creads, political affiliations, including replublicans against war. We had cops there that were against it also.

---

Impeach Bush!

www.votetoimpeach.org

Edited by - Trauma_Hound on 15 February 2003 20:56:21

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Woah, 1 Million people marched in rome.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

You want our economy to continue to be crap, keep supporting bush.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Ok this is just plain funny.

• TR
    TR

Just wanted to add,

If we go to war, I'll be tickled sh*tless. However, Things have got to change. The U.S. needs to rely on itself for energy and goods. Quit wasting money on asshole nations like France and Germany. We saved their asses and will probably save them again if need be. But for god sakes, why support gov'ts that will not support us? Quit spending billions on foreign aid. Tighten our borders. Trade with nations that will trade with us, and be on our side when we need them.

I hope to god that if Saddam remains in power, that he won't attempt to destroy those around him. And if he starts getting sh*tty with France and Germany, screw 'em.

TR

• Trauma_Hound
  • Trauma_Hound

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit