MILLIONS PROTESTING AGAINST WAR

by Realist 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

millions have protested against Bush and his blood for Oil war all across europe and the world!

there is still hope for peace!

• freeman
    freeman

IMHO protesting the war is a wonderful lesson in civics and should be encouraged. Im sure there are a number of honest hearted people protesting this war over legitimate concerns, however in among the many sincere people are a number of groups with quite different agendas then yours.

There are a number of groups activity participating who do not hold the interests or the welfare of our people in high regard. Do you know this? Do you know who they are?

Do a little research and you will be surprised just who is funding these professional protestors. Add to this mix those that are using this platform as just something to thwart the current administrations efforts at any cost, or in other words, the only reason is that they are looking for political gain and not necessarily holding the peoples interests first. There truly are some wolves among the sheep.

Unfortunately most people dont know this and they never will. But as I said, protesting the actions of your government, in this case an impending war is a good lesson in civics as long as you realize there are many others with different agendas then yours in the crowd.

Freeman

Edited by - freeman on 15 February 2003 11:42:38

• Satanus
    Satanus

Protesting is mild. Some of the amendments to the constitution were added because of armed uprisings of groups of americans against the federal govt. If they hadn't, americans would never have had the freedoms they had. Revolting has been an american way of life since the beginning.

I wonder what will happen to protestors after the govt wins the war w iraq???

SS

• Earnest
    Earnest

Revolting has been an american way of life since the beginning.

True, true.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Right on Freeman, many are not aware of groups with different agendas within protest groups.

Guest 77

• roybatty
    roybatty

A few questions for the war protestors...

One, where were you guys when Saddam was killing thousands of his own citizens right after the Gulf war?

Two, Why are few, if any, Iraqi citizens who are living abroad, joining in the war protests?

Three, Who is more concerned with not killing Iraqi citizens - Saddam & his goons or the US and it's military?

This is Iraqis last chance to be rid of it's cruel dictator...if you guys get your way, it won't happen.

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Is this protest the terrorist attack we were warned about? After all, it is happening in several key cities. It is disrupting traffic. It is all over the media. Perhaps this is it then, we are seeing the terrorist attack right there with the protestors.

• TR
    TR

Realist,

Although I think your comments are pure B.S. with a capital BULLSHIT, I'm rethinking my stance on this issue.

My take on the situation is that Saddam should be taken out pronto. The oil issue is just a red herring. Even without WMD, Saddam needs to be gone, do you agree or not, Realist?

Having said that, since most of the middle east and Europe are against the war, I think the U.S. should withdraw from war preparations and just concentrate on Al-Queda, Bin Laden, etc. Saddam's people will continue to suffer from his murderous brutality, but oh well. Since Saddam cannot strike U.S. soil with his military, the U.S. is not in imminant danger from him, barring terrorist attacks, etc. The U.S. should concentrate more on protecting it's borders.

Either things will shape up in the middle east or not. If Saddam decides to create more problems over there, let the Euros handle it. If they ask for military assistance, I say F*CK OFF, you had your chance and you blew it.

TR

• Realist
    Realist

freeman,

i am not a total idiot...i know what the reasons for the french and german gov. are to be against the war. i know there are people with certain agendas.

but i also realize what bush's agenda is.

these demonstrations had millions of participants of which 99% were normal citizens protesting against a criminal war about to happen.

There are a number of groups activity participating who do not hold the interests or the welfare of our people in high regard. Do you know this? Do you know who they are?

not sure to which groups you are referring here in particular. i assume the communists

TR,

Although I think your comments are pure B.S. with a capital BULLSHIT,

profound statment!

The oil issue is just a red herring.

the oil issue is actually what i would call a great possibility for hypothesis testing. i predict the US and britain will cancel the oil contracts with the russians and french and will put their oil companies into charge. furthermore the US will not put any apprechiable amount of aid into iraq and they will not establish an independent democracy.

Even without WMD, Saddam needs to be gone, do you agree or not, Realist?

yes he should be removed ...like 50% of the world leaders. removing husseni will not improve the situation though.

Having said that, since most of the middle east and Europe are against the war, I think the U.S. should withdraw from war preparations and just concentrate on Al-Queda, Bin Laden, etc. Saddam's people will continue to suffer from his murderous brutality, but oh well. Since Saddam cannot strike U.S. soil with his military, the U.S. is not in imminant danger from him, barring terrorist attacks, etc. The U.S. should concentrate more on protecting it's borders.

totally agreed.

If Saddam decides to create more problems over there, let the Euros handle it. If they ask for military assistance, I say F*CK OFF, you had your chance and you blew it.

exactly.

Roybatty,

One, where were you guys when Saddam was killing thousands of his own citizens right after the Gulf war?

a) these people were fighting against him. they started it. it was an internal war.

b) where was the US protecting them? after all the US had told them to attack hussein's troops.

Two, Why are few, if any, Iraqi citizens who are living abroad, joining in the war protests?

a) says who?

b) political refugees and people who might gain power after the war will probably agree that iraq should be attacked.

Three, Who is more concerned with not killing Iraqi citizens - Saddam & his goons or the US and it's military?

neither sides cares about the population.

Edited by - realist on 15 February 2003 13:11:13

• wasasister
    wasasister

Oh, the poor Kurds again. Saddam gassed his own people, including women and children.

The fact is, nobody - not the right, not the left - gave a flying fart what happened to them at the time. Only now, after those people are long dead, do people mourn their deaths and bring up the incident as proof Saddam must be removed from power.

TR and I rarely agree, but in this case, he is right on. I am more of a patriot now than I ever have been due to my JW upbringing. I love my country, and don't want to do stupid things in its name. Saddam is one of the few secular rulers in that part of the world. Taking him out leaves a vacuum which Osama hopes will be filled by an Islamic Fundamentalist.

The main reason we are going after Saddam instead of Osama and his gang - Saddam is easier to find, as the following old joke illustrates:

A man is down on his hands and knees at night, searching the ground. A police officer comes upon him and askes, "Sir, are you alright?"

The man says, "Yeah, but I lost my wallet."

"Where did you lose it?"

"Two blocks back, but the light is better here."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit