To All Those Keen To Tell Us About Their Beliefs

by Simon 50 Replies latest forum announcements

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That's not a bad idea.

For reference, two posts in the "Jehovah in the NT" topic had 2,500 words/15,000 characters and 3,700 words/22,000 characters. 2,500 or 3,700 characters would already be several paragraphs long. That many words is a long article or blog post. You're not taking part in a discussion, you're delivering a lecture.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Droppy - maybe a number-of-character limit on posts would curb what appears to be cutting and pasting of book-length comments

Good diarrea.

I admit I never read long posts. Life's too short!

• LV101
    LV101

I read some of one of the long posts by xyz/whatever (trinity issue) and it's the best knock out for sleep.

I enjoy reading biblical posts but certainly not Bible literate -- Baptist church I attended as child/pre-teen was more for social/charity works and brain-washing no dancing, smoking, drinking, non-marital relations -- it worked other than dancing jr high on or pre-teen Cotillion nonsense. Oh my!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PUNK OF NICE & LV101:

Sorry to hurt any particular poster’s feelings but I agree with you about these overly long posts.. I don’t know how much work went into producing them, but, I also doubt anybody reads them!

Somebody’s overly long ‘cut n paste’ type of post isn’t the same as a person posting a long intro post or personal story.. Those are ‘readable’ if you’re in the mood.. But, those other ones? 🙄 Please..

I have been on the forum for a long time and I have seen posters who have come and gone post these extremely long posts that I doubt anybody attempted to read.

• LV101
    LV101

LongHairGal -- I start scrolling and if post is more than couple paragraphs, I keep truckin'. No hope for me re/aborbing the trinity issue if it's complicated. I do appreciate some topics re/JW views vs. mainstream xtianity and would hope it would help those questioning WT.

At least I found my magic formula for insomnia -- (I'm afraid to take script drugs and baby Benadryl not good for the memory, etc., lots of bad, of course) try to learn something about what trinitarians believe and why they think WT radically wrong on that.

Simon's 'we've heard that s___ before' hilarious - we don't do that ____ here - got it.😂

• Riley
    Riley

I have known the WTS is a horrible family destroying, soul sucking cult since I was about 12 years old but I have always held out some hope that there was hope in evangelical Christianity or at least they were less harmful if looking for a club or some friends are what not.

This last three years with covid has just ruined that for me. I guess going to church now means you a resident expert on vaccines, the Ukraine etc etc. All religion is built on ridiculous narcissism.

It is all so gross to me.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Longy - extremely long posts that I doubt anybody attempted to read.

Yes. As a geezer I worked with used to say, 'less is more'.

Short and sweet, bite sized chunks.

• LV101
    LV101

punky - 'less is more' my fave line and crosses over to so much in life.

• titch
    titch

Folks: You know, there is a lot of truth to an acronym that I heard about years ago. It is: KISS. Which means, "Keep It Simple Sweetheart", or, "Keep It Short Sweetheart." And, that's all I'll say about that. Best Regards, Everyone.----Titch.

• Simon
    Simon
    I think Simon doesn't want religious types preaching on his discussion board.
    At least, that's how I understood his OP.

Yes. It's the people who don't want to actually discuss anything. Someone makes a point? They post the same copy-past diatribe. Someone asks them a question? Same copy-paste. Every. Time.

It's always drivel. No original thought. Nothing of interest. Just the religious equivalent of "I'm a Nigerian prince who wants to give you $50m ..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit