Implications of gay marriage ruling

by Rattigan350 175 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

I'm still confused. I keep hearing "Christians" saying marriage should be as it is defined in the bible. Does that mean it's between "a man and however many women he's bought, captured or raped-and-kept"?

Of course the Supreme Court is the final arbiter of the law. The clue is in the name.

The politicians can run on a ticket of anything they want and pass new laws but they can be declared unconstitutional and null and void. It doesn't matter if a majority of people want blacks to be slaves either nationally or in any specific state - democracy doesn't trump people's rights.

The supreme court decisions often come about at the same time as public opinion on a matter is shifting (which is what causes the issues to the brought to the court).

Again, history is swinging in a different direction away from the superstitious dogma of religion and bigotry and toward freedom and personal liberty. Anyone who protests is really showing themselves up.

No one is making a law that says you have to be gay. It's not mandatory. If it does bother you then why the hell does it matter to you and why do you think you should dictate things to others? Go inside, read your bible and STFU.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

JG:

You said the Devil is behind the JWs.mtherefore the Org is bad. The bible says love what is good and hate what is bad? Why don't you hate them? Can you at least attempt being consistent?

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

I cannot believe any of you were ever baptized. What are you going to endorse next? Bestiality. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Not a man marrying a man; or a woman marrying a woman.

Endorse this type of behavior on an internet forum if you desire. But keep this in mind, Jehovah knows who you are.

• Spectre
    Spectre

@TOTC

An animal is not a sentient being. No one is suggesting anything other than two consenting adults getting married. Hell, I don't care if a group of people get married for that matter. And yes, I was baptized back in '86. Now I don't care what figure in Jewish mythology thinks of me.

And as Viv has pointed out, People on here need to know how our government works. Or could someone please explain what the Supreme Court is for?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    TakeOffTheCrown, marriage is a human institution and humans can do with it anything they want.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@TOTC

You sound a bit like Mrs Garrison from South Park ...

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown, marriage is a human institution and humans can do with it anything they want.

No, humans cannot do anything they want.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    No, humans cannot do anything they want.

For instance, we can't make you less judgemental or ignorant.

• Simon
    Simon
    I cannot believe any of you were ever baptized. What are you going to endorse next? Endorse this type of behavior on an internet forum if you desire. But keep this in mind, Jehovah knows who you are

We could use the same reasoning with the GB given that few of the beliefs that they dedicated themselves to are still current. They are as apostate as anyone else is. They just get to make the rules revolve around what *they* believe.

I guess if you are blind adherent you only see right in some people and wrong in others. It's why you eventually realize you are in a cult. If there is nothing they can say or do that would convince you they are not representing god / every doing wrong.

There's also a difference between endorsing and respecting. I don't endorse people playing American Football but I respect their right to do so. See the difference? I'm not going to play American Football or go watch it played because I think it's horrible and can't understand anyone liking it. But I can understand that some people do and can't understand the beauty of real football (soccer).

• Simon
    Simon
    humans cannot do anything they want.

We invented god. We can un-invent him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit