Where'd you sit in the KH?

by DblOSmith 27 Replies latest jw friends

• DblOSmith
    DblOSmith

Ray... lol

Yeah, one thing about our hall, you were popcicle. We did all the mature things too: pass notes, point and laugh, giggle. it was great.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Our KH also had 3 sections of seating. Since I was the TMO I sat in the front row of the section to the speaker's left. I guess that made me a left-wing elder.

Athanasius

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Close to but not in the deaf section (because I was usually translating something or other) - so about 1/2 way back in the middle and across the aisle - left or right depending on where the deaf section was at the time

At conventions I usually sat in the front row at the aisle of the deaf section - or just one row behind it - always had saved seats for the family so that was great

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

my parents always made me sit by them...and that was usually in the back...mom was sooooooo anti-social

• abbagail
    abbagail

Funny thread! When I was a newbie JW, shy, introverted, I stayed in the back, clinging to the counter until it was time for the meeting to begin, lol. But it didn't take long to realize I could not focus at all or pay attention with all of the "activity" one sees from the back. Grrrrrr. Being short didn't help as everyone's heads were in the way as well. Eventually I "discovered" the 2nd-row-from-the-front and loved it (didn't matter to me which side of the room, we only had the two sections). It felt like "freedom" up there as it was "wide open spaces" with no one around. I could lay out my books, sweater, bag on the seats around me, spread things out, and could put up my stocking-toes (aching legs) on the front-row-seat in front of me. It was the perfect spot, I could hear, focus, pay attention, and never had to see the sleepers, snorers, up & downers, kids, etc. behind me, lol. However, during the PMSing "panic attacks," it was hell getting out of there, lol. Those were the days...

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

I used to sit on the left hand side near the aisle. It was one of the few places where the cool air would circulate. The hall was kept so warm and stuffy that most everyone got dozy during the meetings.

I'm so glad to be out of that now!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY in the back row, but NOT! in those coldass metal folding chairs.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I could usually be found in the sound booth falling asleep. :D

If it wasnt my turn to handle the sound box or run a mic I tried to be in front of the television at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit