Where'd you sit in the KH?

by DblOSmith 27 Replies latest jw friends

• DblOSmith
    DblOSmith

Our hall has 3 sections of seating, we always sat in the left section all the way in the back if possible heh. It's funny: it seemed like all the foreign people, immigrants, etc, sat on the right side, all the "goody goods" sat in the middle, and all of the um "shady" people... all the people I would think would become defectors sat on the left. hehe.

• siegswife
    siegswife

Me and my boyz usually say...ummm..to the left or the right or the middle about 3 or 4 rows from the front. I'm so thankful that we didn't work our way up further...

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

I set in the front row for years. Because I was the stage mike man.

• DblOSmith
    DblOSmith

why do you say that?

• truthseekers2
    truthseekers2

Guess we were goody goods. We sat smack in the middle two or three rows from the front. One, it had 6 seats across and we were a family of six. Two, hubby was constantly on the platform either giving parts, rearranging the stage, or helping adjust mics. (Up, down, up down.) Three, I couldn't stand to sit in the back and watch all the people. I just wanted to get there, block everything out, and try to listen as best I could. (Unfortunately I have a TERRIBLE attention span, so that proved difficult at best!!! ) We even sat up there with new babies and toddlers! I felt bad for the speakers when sometimes we'd make a scene.

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

When it was uo to me me I sat on let toward the back. My book study conducter would always tell me to sit in the middle toward the front. That way there would be less distractions. My JW wife loved the middle toward the back.

Diamond

• not interested
    not interested

I always sat in the front row center seat cuz i was the dumbass that adjusted the mic for the speakers .................I hated the front row......you cant fall alseep there and not be noticed

• kwijibo
    kwijibo

I have done the front row / platform mic attendant thing and the front row suck / just because i like the front row thing but i thought the very back row doing the sound system was the best, as long as i didn't fall asleep and miss the song.

Last year before the fade i also liked the comfy chairs in the KH foyer very much also......... Now i think the chair in front of my computer seems to have my ass imprinted into it permanently like homers spot on the couch.

Kwiji.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Everywhere!

(move around, move around in the Kingdom Hall la la la)

Mike.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

My children and I always sat in back.

Not to avoid anyone or because we were rebels.

It is because when people commented I liked to see them as much as I possibly could.

To see their expressions and body language,etc.

Also, if you sat in back you could tell if someone was in need.

For instance if a sister or bro walked out holding their head. They may have a headache. Then we would follow them and offer Tylenol or Ibuprofen, etc.

Once on Sunday a sister was running out crying and my children and I were able to intercept her. Turned out she needed real help. She was a single mom/grandma taking care of her daughters children.

I was able to get her some gas money and make an appointment with the elders for her.

The gas money helped, as she was not sure how she was getting home. So I felt Jehovah wanted us to see her in distress but The Appointment with The Elders!

That was a flop! They were no help what so ever! Told her to return her grandchildren to her worldly daughter!!! Told her if she didnt then it was her fault she was poor and could barley feed herself and them!!!

Her daughter was/is a crack head!!! Those kids would be abused if returned to a mother who does not want them!!

Needless to say the elders were no help but I am blessed as to still be friends with this brave older woman.

I got off subject.sitting in back was what we did to connect with those in the cong. If we sat in front we would never have known what any of the friends were like. We would have eaten up spiritual food and not noticed if anyone other then us enjoyed the meal much less if they were full.

Thats us.

Gotta luvz you all,

U_R

Edited by - Utopian_raindrops on 15 February 2003 6:35:40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit