Jehovah's Witnesses want to invite you to their newly refurbished hall!

by username 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• username
    username

I just seen this on Goggle news. A report into a hall actually being refurbished!

http://www.thecomet.net/news/stevenage_s_jehovah_s_witnesses_celebrate_worship_hall_s_makeover_and_invite_public_to_come_along_1_4228859

By the way, I wouldn't have bothered it looks so drab. Note the article points to the seats? At first I thought the color of said seats do not really match the decor, then it hit me. Their JW>BORG BLUE!!! OMG! They are now sitting on the thrones of their leaders!

• Splash
    Splash

I like the last photo - a beer tent and a skip for the empties.

Actually this hall is a standard design from 1 to 2 decades ago.
    Every hall built around that time looks identical.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't know why they're all smiling.

They've just given their time and money for the Governing body to benefit from the property value.

It saddens me to see such utter delusion at work.

• Gayle
    Gayle
    very stark,,do they not do 'theatre' type seats now-a- days?
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Gayle. Yes I noticed the seats. Those chairs have no arm rests either. They look very narrow too. Sitting for 2 hours in those chairs would be uncomfortable. Maybe this is a new tactic to keep everyone from falling asleep?

• username
    username

You could have a point there Gail.

My old hall was the same, only we had lovely browny beige seats and a far better carpet than this one! That carpet is actually giving me the creeps, reminds me of something totalitarian.

totalitarian

ˌtəʊtalɪˈtɛːrɪən,tə(ʊ)ˌtalɪ-/
    adjective
    1. 1.
      relating to a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.
      "a totalitarian regime"
      synonyms:authoritarian, autocratic, autarchic, dictatorial, tyrannical, oppressive,repressive, one-party, monocratic, absolute, absolutist, undemocratic,anti-democratic, illiberal, despotic, fascist, fascistic, Nazi, neo-Nazi,Stalinist;
      dystopian
      "a totalitarian state"
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Quote from a JW in the article:

“There are a lot of questions about Jehovah’s Witnesses – this is an opportunity to come and see the hall to put your mind at rest and to see what is here.”

You'd think that they'd realize that there's something wrong if they find something like that coming out of their mouth. I don't think I've ever heard of another church inviting people to come "to put your mind at rest." Hopefully anyone reading the article that doesn't already have concerns about JWs will see that as a red flag. If they're really a legitimate religion (and indeed the only legitimate religion) why would people have concern for the community due to their presence?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    There is no space between seats. Your arms are going to overlap on the person next to you.
  • Dumplin
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It will make a fine Veterinary clinic when the WTBTS sells it for a profit. Good job, Watchtards!!! 🌟🌟🌟

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit