by LyinEyes 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

As they say/ask, 'what are friends for'

Guest 77

• gumby
    gumby

Thanks for thanking all of us Dede.

You are very special here. You are always honest, and think and feel very deeply, and that is appreciated. Wish I could meet you and the others in Dallas.

Gumby

• Francois
    Francois

Hey Guest, I was under the impression you were going to post me direct. Wot hoppen?

francois

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Dede! Nina and I both feel the same towards both you and WT. We're looking forwad to seeing you guys here in Big D.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Dede you are wonderful. I get sad when I haven't spoken to you in awhile.

• thewiz
    thewiz

amazing what a common hate can do

skin heads do the same thing too

love even me too?

flame me

Edited by - thewiz on 14 February 2003 21:50:35

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

1 Corinthians 13 1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
    2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
    3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
    4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
    5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
    6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
    7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
    9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
    10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.
    11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
    12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
    13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I don't see hate here my friend, I see a group of people bonding together and healing from a mutual experience. Perhaps the hate you see is a reflection.

Edited by - big tex on 15 February 2003 0:17:29

• onacruse
    onacruse

((Dede)) and WT,

Same back to both of you. Like WildHorses says:

You seem to wear your heart on your sleeve.

I am prone to get into all kinds of theological, historical, philosophical and scientific stuff, but imho the "heart to heart" is what it's all about. And, in that respect, thewiz:

amazing what a common hate can do

Yes, it's amazing how a common hate can turn into positive love.

Craig

• thewiz
    thewiz

BigTex I disagree. i've seen some posts here that make me think that some of these people here would do lynchings.

a couple might even be mine, when i've been in an especially bad mood.

i've also seen, and have retained copies, of posts by "a certain individual" where he threatens to turn people in to their employers just because he doesn't like the posts they have made (trolling, lurkers, etc., whatever). almosts seems like he retains log files just for that purpose. collect those IPs you never know when they'll come in handy.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((((((((((Dede)))))))))))))))))) 
    I feel the same way about you hon !!!! And yes, bring the kleenex!!!! 
    You do wear your heart on your sleeve and that is a good thing!!! I don't 
    think you realize just how much of an impact your words have here or how
    much you really help others with them. Your writing is from the heart and
    from your own healing perspective. By pouring that out here you help yourself
    to heal and I'm certain many others as well. You care. And it shows. Your
    responses to others show it and you put alot into it from your soul !!!
    I'll bet my next paycheck that there are many here who read your words and
    think- WOW and can relate so well because of the way you present it from
    a daily living view. And you are determined to get beyond that which has
    caused you pain and on that journey you carry the lantern in the tunnel
    helping others find their way.
    My hat is off to you my dear friend !!!

Much love and many hugs !!

XW

edited to add: TheWiz- You may have a valid point but I fail to see why you chose this uplifting thread to drag down with it. Start your own thread about that subject if you feel the need to discuss it !!!

Edited by - xenawarrior on 14 February 2003 23:43:49

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit