Too Many Categories That Most People Fall Into ... L G B T Q C G D ... I Get Confused

by RubaDub 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

I don’t care what you call me. Just don’t call me late for breakfast. 🤪

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

LGBT+ apparently is an acceptable acronym

L- Lesbian

G- Gay

B- Bisexual

T- Transgender

Q- Queer also used for Questioning

I- Intersex

A- Asexual

P- Pansexual

K- Kink

S- Straight

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't understand you beyond LGBTQ, can you explain or is this your usual jokiness?

Xanthippe ...

I take to heart your comment about my usual "jokiness" ... I felt truly "happified".

Rub a Dub

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I do not like the two terms "queer" and "straight, for the following reasons.

I know that "queer" has been adopted by those who find themselves naturally in the group, but in my youth, and later, it was used as a pejorative word, always spat out with hate. With "straight" I don't like it because it is seeming to give the message that this particular group is somehow superior.

Now I know that is not the way either term is used nowadays, but I just wish there were two different words in use, but which words would work wonder ?

• cofty
    cofty

The never-ending merry-go-round of politically correct speech.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

"M" for majority is missing from the list.

• tiki
    tiki

At work we had a diversity seminar by a transgender person...educating us on the terms and fostering respect for the various predilections....and "queer" I learned is a term approved as it signifies a different lifestyle from the historical norm. Also the addition of the pronoun by which an individual prefers to be addressed....you introduce yourself with your name, followed by "he" or "she". Then there is gender fluidity....a stream of ones choice....

My cats or the other hand are either male, neuter, female or spay. Meow...

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Always fun to see folks who say they are fighting for equality, but go to great lengths to segment people in endless ways. You can't have it both ways.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You can't have it both ways.

redvip2000 ...

Those classified as "B" know how to do it.

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon
    "M" for majority is missing from the list.

Surely "N" for "Normal"?

"M" covers many of the others (Mentally Unstable)

(and there was much triggering ...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit