Too Many Categories That Most People Fall Into ... L G B T Q C G D ... I Get Confused

by RubaDub 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It seems like we are all getting pigeon-holed into a category that may or may not be applicable to us. Personally, I am a "D" but I am sure there are a few (though statistically insignificant) who would otherwise fall into an "O" or Other category.

It just seems like society needs to label us in the L G B T Q C G D communities.

Rub a Dub

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

If people truly want to be accepted and equal, there are no catagories. It seems, in today's society, People want to be unique without actually working hard at finding themselves, so they allow others to pidgeon hole them. Then they want to tell their story, or push the envelope a bit more, in an effort to stand out. Ironically, It's all really a matter of being a follower.

I judge others on how they present themselves, their actions, and how they fit into my life. I like and or dislike people based on that criteria. Not based on their sexual orientation, or gender, or color of their skin. In fact I like people a whole lot more when they refuse to make any of those things a factor in who they are. They stand out based on their talents or good deeds, hard work, and refuse to let society's ever changing catagories, define them.

IMO, anyone who let's their sexual orientation define them, are pretty shallow and have an awful lot to learn about themselves.

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

Incidentally, what is a "D"?

• User99
    User99

Do you mean besides Disfellowshipped?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Fascist !

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I don't understand you beyond LGBTQ, can you explain or is this your usual jokiness?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't understand you beyond LGBTQ

Come on now ... these are common designations:

L = People who are lesbians

G = People who are gay

B = People who are bisexual

T = People who are transgender

Q = People who are queer

C = People who care but don't give a damn

G = People who give a damn but don't care

D = People who don't care and don't give a damn