Lumbar Puncture

by azor 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• azor
    azor
    I hate spinal treatment days. My son is in sedation right now getting chemo into his spine. The hospital and people here are amazing. I just hate having to see my son have to go through this. Just 2 more of these to go over the next 5 months and hopefully we will be in the clear.
  • cofty
    cofty

As a cancer patient I'm sure it is infinitely more tolerable to be the patient than the parent or partner of one.

I wish you and your son all my best wishes for a full recovery. Modern treatment is wonderful but it's still tough.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    It must be very hard to see your son go through this, I am sure any parent would prefer going through this rather than seeing their child go through it. But it's good that he may make a full recovery, you have good reason to hope.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It is insanely difficult to watch ones child be in pain. Knowing that they are and you can't end the pain, knowing all the implications of what your child is going through is just added heartache. My thoughts are with you, your child and family.

My newborn had to get tons of invasive treatments 27 years ago. He is fine and ornery now, but just seeing the words "lumbar puncture" brought me right back to that day when he had to get one to check for a sepsis-which he had and overcame!! I only experienced 2 weeks of hell with that one (until he learned to ride motorcycles, but that is another subject).

I know cancer is a long term stress on you both. It won't ever really go away, even after remission. Hopefully that awareness will make you grateful for good things. I always hope that our struggles are recompensed by perspective to some degree. I don't know if that really happens, but I'm an optimist.

May your sons doctors have wisdom and compassion. I hope soon to hear that he is "in the clear"!

• Simon
    Simon

Can only imaging what you're going through. The worry of a parent is terrible, even when it's something relatively minor.

Hope you have positive news soon.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

My thoughts are with you. A good parent hurts when their child hurts.

I hope you can soon celebrate good health with your son.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555
    I think of you and your son. As i still believe in god i pray for you and wish you a lot of strength and send you love.
  • brandnew
    brandnew

I would totally take the pain, for my family, or even non family.....

I would rather hurt, than see others hurting.

• azor
    azor
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. We are home resting now.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

My thoughts are with you...in that ward with you..with its funny smell..bustling staff walking 'at the double'always on a mission. I can only imagine what it must be like to have a child with cancer, my son had a major op in Great Ormand street on his skull & that was bad enough. I worked as a nurse in paediatric haematology for 4 years, that was enough..all my patients are seared inmy memory. Glad you have competent doctors & modern treatments, it gets bdtter year on year. So so glad the prognosis is good..,enjoy your son.

We humans feel so much pain as parents..but we wouldn't have it any other way. We would never swap our loved ones for "perfect"ones - we love them just as they are. Human hugs xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit