Anyone ever know gays in the hall that are lying to them selfs or others?

by blownaway 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blownaway
    blownaway

I know of three situations I saw myself. The first one was when I lived in Arcadia. All the people I use names on are dead and gone so no probs. If I use a he she its because they are still alive.

When I lived in Arcadia in the mid 80s, Florida I worked as a floor-covering installer. I worked before staring my own store for an Elder and his wife. We would get a lot of work from the hall brothers and sisters. There was one couple of older Sisters who lived together about 4 homes down from me in a small travel trailer that had additions on it. Typical Florida old home. They wanted new vinyl in the kitchen. I had to move things out of the way so there was a small bedroom about 8x9 and the living room was a stick built addition. I noticed when putting things out of the way in the bedroom that there was one bed a queen. So they slept together. Alice and pat were in their 60s and mid 50s respectively. I was ignorant of gays and lesbians. I mean we all called each other gay or homo back in school but we did not know any. But I could tell pat was strange. She wore the typical short mans hair cut, nurse shoes and today your gaydar would go off if you saw her.

My grandfather was an elder and it just seemed strange to me. We had just had a study that part was on how things looked and if you went to a sisters home and you and her were alone you could be DFed because of how it looked. I asked but what about Pat and Alice? That does not look good. He get very upset and yelled that is just peoples dirty mind. Pats Aunt is a lesbian and she has been spreading these lies. WHOA so this was no just me there have been others. I talked to a friend of mind who was in the hall and asked what he thought he just said, Ya I have heard that before. Again others knew something. As I have grown older I see that its even more that I was correct. Now Pat and Alice are dead and gone. but it was something going on.

The second one was a guy who was so damn effeminate. He is still alive and about 40 married and two kids so no name. He lived in North Michigan and would come to the hall and would hang out with the girls and sit with legs crossed like a woman with a dress on. He would knit and wear shawls and act like a woman. Most of the brothers would keep away from him because they would say he is gay among our self when the guys were talking.

The third one I saw was my sister in laws brother in law. He went to Bethel and was there for a couple of years. He was one of those guys who had an avg. Intelligence but though he was While E. Coyote super genius. He had not job when he left Bethel and my father in law hired him to work with him in construction and gave him a room in his house. My father in law the one I had posted about that now has poor health and no money because of quitting GM back in the pre 75 era because of the end. So this kid would talk about Bethel and I would ask questions. He seemed to have boy crushes on different brothers in the hall. It was strange but my gaydar went off big when he said he was asked to leave Bethel. I really started to ask questions. Turns out he would not tell me all of the details but said that he and the other brother he was bunked with was caught in what looked like a bad situation and it was alleged he was gay. He said it was nothing just looked funny so they asked him to leave. I knew then where there is this much smoke there is fire.

Post your latent gay Witness stories. here.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
  • Sanchy
    Sanchy

Yes. A close family friend that was never married. He is now an older man, lives alone in a retirement community, is frail in health and waiting for paradise to fix everything.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Of course there are no self declared homosexuals in the congregations. I would hate to make accusations that weren't correct. There was a brother in the circuit who gave the talk on family life who sounded more like a girl than a man, very effeminate. Then again, Mike Tyson doesn't sound much like a man and he's never questioned for being gay. So, no. All the gays hid it too well.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I think more homosexual members are coming out into the open slowly but surely since the org changed their stance from:

"...masturbation can lead into homosexuality. In such instances the person, not satisfied with his lonely sexual activity, seeks a partner for mutual sex play. This happens much more frequently than you may realize. Contrary to what many persons think, homosexuals are not born that way, but their homosexual behavior is learned. And often a person gets started when very young by playing with another's sexual parts, and then engaging in homosexual acts." Your Youth - Getting the Best out of It (1976) p.39

To:

"Although the Bible condemns homosexual acts, it does not encourage prejudice,

hate crimes, or any other kind of mistreatment of homosexuals....Awake! no.4, 2016."

I remember two men who by now are in the mid-thirties. They've lived together since their early 20s. They go on holidays together, out for meals together, both are goodlooking and girls fawn over them but they're not interested. One of them emigrated to Cyprus but returned after 6 months as "they missed eachother" (their own words). They're both ministerial servants and dont act effeminate or anything but I'd bet my life on them being gay. Nothing wrong with that. An elders son who works with one of them once told me that they've both been in a few JCs over the years.

Another brother who's 100% hardcore Jdub, your next circuit overseer. 28yo, lives with his parents, his best friend is his sister. Never had a girlfriend, talks like a girl, wears foundation for "his complexion" and can be found every Saturday afternoon shopping with the sisters in the mall.

If he's not gay he's the biggest cissy I've ever seen.

Again, not that there's anything wrong with that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtvFbXG-7Mw

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I've mentioned the story several times here explaining why I use the name ShirleyW, here, because of so much hypocrisy in da troof. That's the name of one of the sisters in the KH I grew up with who had a "roommate" practically all of their adult lives. They started attending the KH I was in when I was around 9 or 10 years old, they were together until SW's roommate passed away about four or five years ago They were both pioneers when they first moved in together, but then they moved to NY from FL and opened a piano teaching business. I don't know why they were never DF'd. All you had to do was look at the two of them and tell they were a couple, whether their relationship was consummated or not, (there are married folks out there that have never consummated their relationship for whatever reason.)

There were also discussions about them and someone of course always said "well Jehovah will clean up his organization in due time."

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

We had an openly gay sister who every now and then disappearwd for a while, came back and did her penance at the back of the hall, got reinstated and then the cycle would happen all over again for her when she met someone else she liked and liked her back.

One bother who married and had children but has since leaving "come out" and regained family members after they too woke up and is now enjoying being a grand father.

Another brother who nobody believed was straight led a double life the best he could (I knew his boyfriend) and is still a witness as far as I know. I told him I had stopped going to meetings so he is shunning me now.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Yes, I too know of a situation of two older Witness women that have lived together for years and sleep in the same bed. The Elders are very aware of this situation but turn a blind eye. In fact, one of the women is great friends with one of the Elders that was on the committee that disfellowshipped her back in the '70s for having lesbian sex! At any rate, one of the advantages of being known as a fader in my community is that people don't hold back from telling me how they feel about individual Witnesses. A local ex-Hippie type (very accepting and very liberal) has said to me: 'Oh yeah, Jane and Jean (not their real names) are classic text book Lesbians!'. So much for upholding Jehovah's morally 'clean' name in the local community.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Here you go....... it wasn't intended........ but by god the Society finally proved that their point and title worked.......

And often a person gets started when very young by playing with another's sexual parts, and then engaging in homosexual acts." Your Youth - Getting the Best out of It (1976) p.39
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

We had an elder brother who was on the DL (you couldn't really tell he was gay) but back during the days when AIDS was really rampant, his wife got pregnant with twins, ever since the day they were born they were sickly, they both made to the one year mark, but they died about six months apart. About two years later the wife died. Since some of the wife's family wasn't a JW and new the real deal,we found out they all died of AIDS, and her husband was the one who was the last to die.

So, so many brothers I remember that you could definitely tell they were gay Some of them eventually married, I just wonder what their status is now regarding the JWs and their marriage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit