Russia Uses Nerve Agent to Assassinate Spy

by cofty 67 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

If Saudi unleashed military-grade chemical weapons on the streets of the UK that would be a problem too.

Before anybody says 'oil' please bear in mind that Russia supplies 35% of our gas.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Don't know what to believe on this. But the undiplomatic language used is appalling. To accuse personally a country's leader without being 100 % certain is risky, and plays into the hands of others. After the Iraq WMD fiasco govts need to be careful of how and what they say. Experts...ha! Ex is a has been...and a spurt is a drip under pressure..

• cofty
    cofty
    May hasn't got the stones to back her electorate and stand up to the EU over Brexit

Utter nonsense. Where are you getting your information from? May has been unequivocal that the UK is leaving the EU, the Customs Union and the Single Market.

One minute she is criticised for being too strong in her response to Russia and the next you are accusing her of not having the courage to stand up to Putin.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The KGB is active to protect Putin's government, people dont talk because they too fear they could be attacked.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think all governments are dirty in this type of thing. USA bombing other countries(Cambodia, Vietnam, Iraq, and many more. Lets face it governments all have their spies and people who will put a hit on someone in the line of duty to ones' government. The Spy business is full of dirty tricks in every country they have to survive or the other country will beat you to the punch,, because that is the pressure on all governments in the spy business. At the same time appear holier than thou towards the rival government to the world and its citizens. And yes survival of the smartest/fittest is still at play even in the business of governments.

I hope I don't sound callous but it is what it is. This type of thing will happen time to time especially in a double agent revenge is a paramount issue. Or maybe it was all planned to happen this way in advance in retribution to some long standing quarrel with the two countries I don't know. It is very sad that innocent people not associated with this thing are suffering.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Oooh, conspiracy theories. Here's mine.

The governing body of JWs arranged for Mark Sanderson to organize the use of the nerve agent. After losing the court case in Russia and the millions of dollars in real estate, Sanderson & Co decided to get back at Putin by setting him up. Who better to attack then a defector/traitor, or as Sanderson would say 'a mentally diseased human apostate.'

This also sends a message to all current JWs who might be thinking of being unfaithful to the KGB WTS. Further it deflects media attention from the current push for a child abuse investigation into the JWs and WTS in Britain.

As the King of the North and King of the South battle has died down the governing body of JWs have the scriptural advantage of fitting this into their imaginary interpretations of the book of Daniel.

Not to be overlooked is 'the end is near' and 'you can clearly see we are living in the last days' mantra which only encourages JWs to dig deeper into their pockets to donate more and more money.

Evidently the JWs and WTS and their governing body have the most to gain from the attack. Hence they did it.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Whoever authorised these attempted murders were worse than amateurish by leaving such an attributable "calling card" at the scene of the crime. Or was it left deliberately, in order to point a finger?

Jill Dando's assassin never left such blatant clues - and he has never been identified. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Dando

Just a question for UK folks: one of the two policemen who first attended the scene (and was also infected) was a Detective Sergeant. Surely uniformed beat cops would have been sent to a situation where persons appeared ill in a public place? I've never heard of detectives being first responders to such a scenario. Unusual to say the least.

Adds to the conspiracy theories I suppose.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Fall guy....please stop spoiling the narrative we are being spoonfed : )

• cofty
    cofty
    Whoever authorised these attempted murders were worse than amateurish by leaving such an attributable "calling card" at the scene of the crime.

It appears the toxin was administered in Russia to a possession belonging to Yuri who had just returned to the UK from a visit there.

I've never heard of detectives being first responders to such a scenario. Unusual to say the least. Adds to the conspiracy theories I suppose.

Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey was not first on the scene at the park bench where Sergei and Yulia were discovered. He was assigned to the investigation and attended their home on the outskirts of Salisbury.

Conspiracy theories tend to vanish in the light of facts.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

There is so much fake news, Gorby doesn’t believe all of this at first stake.

Russia is portrait the bad Guy these days.

Western block is not any better.

It all has some dangerous potential to me, maybe caused by Fred Franz writings, indoctrinated in my youth.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit