How does God view atheist and devotees?

by iconoclastic 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

More importantly, how do WE view things?

There is no evidence for a god or magic. It's all down to we as individuals to deal without prejudise with all. We don't because we are all bigots in some way, methinks.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Viviane
    You seem to view BKs are invincible. How can anybody recruit you without your consent? And further OP is all about praising unselfish service to the society—something which no one can be scared of, but something that anybody would welcome with whole heart.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    You seem to view BKs are invincible.
    Hey look, something else you're wrong about!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

When I try to respond to Icon in earnest, am I indulging him/her?

I don't know but no matter. Let's assume that God exists (just for this thread).

How on earth can I take seriously someone who claims to know what God thinks of atheists and religious people? Isn't it best to just leave that question be and live life?

P.S. good post, Punk. Pretty much describes how I feel about things.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    LoveUniHateExams
    Answer to your question could be discerned from the source I mentioned in the OP. I have friends from all three categories, and the first two categories are joyless (means never come in alignment with God).
    But the third category are selfless, they do their service, always happy, reap often more than what they sow--an obvious clue that a loving heavenly Father is backing them for their unselfish service.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

IMO, Marcus Aurelius said it best...

"Live a good life.

If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.

If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them.

If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I have friends from all three categories, and the first two categories are joyless

But the third category are selfless, they do their service, always happy

Unless you have an uncommonly large number of friends, I'm guessing that the sample sizes above are too small to tell us anything.

The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit