How does God view atheist and devotees?

by iconoclastic 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

1) He views devotees with disgust; because they use God as a means to fulfillment of their materialistic ends, and they constantly pester Him with request to violate His own laws (principle of action and consequence). Hence devotees are materialistic in its true sense. They even interpolate things into scriptures to suit their convenience—as confirmed by Prophet Jeremiah himself (Jeremiah 7:22; 8:8)

2) He views the atheists impartially; because they believe they have to work themselves to get fulfillment of their materialistic ends, and know that the more they work the more results they get. Thus they support the arrangement (principle of action and consequence) of God—though unwittingly.

3) The third category of people do not worship God, but do things in such a way God would do if He were present here on earth. Their lives are like a lamp (guidance) to others, and do everything to elevate others through their thoughts, speech and action. Just like the seed whose only duty is to sprout and grow to become a tree producing fruits and giving shade to others, they too live a life of service. These people are secretly supported by God.

Source: My own experience. I have friends from all three categories of people, and have observed the above in their lives.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Interesting Topic Iconoclastic.

Personally I once believed in a god, who I wanted to "feel" was the mysterious power over life and death. I discoverd his nonexistence in many biblical tales, and concluded God was clearly a psychological phenomenon.

But maybe If there is a God, he knows I am right not to believe on an invisible God. The invisible cannot be prayed to, and it is idolatry to worship your own brain. Therefore, if there is a God,maybe he will view my being athiest, as ascetic, maybe regard me as the real Saint, part rebel, part hero, and maybe my reward will be to be declared righteouse?

Or maybe God is an old man, his hearing has simply failed, and that is why he never answered my prayers? I guess much of life is just a mystery.

The Rebel.

• prologos
    prologos

How does God view---? Iconoclastic: "My own experience. -- so:

You and God see eye to eye, glad you are an honest person. wt too equates what god thinks with their ideas, that they would like to impose on the jws.

Keep on observing nature to see the nature of god, the creator really.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    prologos
    Just try the third group, and see for yourself what happens. You have nothing to lose, but definitely to gain
  • prologos
    prologos
    see for yourself what happens
    yes I agree, I see "god" as a lawmaker, -abider, creative worker with a sense of humour. I am a deist. I am gaining all the time. thank you for the advise.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

My problem with the God in your O.P is that he hates most of his creation. He hates them, despises them. I mean I am only human and there are very few people I hate or despise, but on the contrary I find your God hates atheists, sinners,ect ect,ect,.

And according to my interpretation of your O.P he seems so cold and lacks virtues and sanity that even the most wretched of humanity have.

The Rebel.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How does something that doesn't exist have a viewpoint ?

Man made god(s) through his imagination and ignorance.

If your going to discern how god views things your going to have to find out by asking man.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    The Rebel
    It seems you did not read 3rd paragraph!
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Finkelstein
    Please put to test what the 3rd category of people do, and you will find God exists!
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    Which 'God' are you speaking of?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit