ugg

welcome to the real world.

• ISP
    ISP

Thats what anti-WTS forums are for!

ISP

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Welcome. Take a deep breath and exhale slowly, your gonna need it.

Guest 77

• happyout
    happyout

There is no spoon ( I'm a Matrix freak like some others here)

Welcome to the world of the living! Most of us here understand exactly what you are dealing with, and don't be surprised if you find yourself awash anew in anger when you thought you had gotten past it. We're here to help heal one another.

Happyout

• Undecided
    Undecided

Welcome to the club Berylblue. We aren't a perfect bunch, but we don't claim to have a direct connection to God. We are just humans who have seen through the BS of the WT claims and want to help others who have been shocked by the real truth of reality. Enjoy the the good here and blast the bad, you will enjoy the trip.

Ken P.

• Buster
    Buster

Lets see:

- spent way too much time swallowing the crap they dish out, check

- did some looking around of her own, check

- registered as a user , check

-Yup, dues are paid. You're in. Welcome

Buster

• Shakita
    Shakita

berylblue,

It was one year ago that I found out what you have just discovered. The complete shock and betrayal of trust I felt were indescribable. After all, we were told that we had the truth and that we were God's special chosen people.

You will find yourself going through certain intense emotions. You are not going crazy. What you are experiencing is normal considering the total deception that we were all under. You may be surprised to learn that the WT is viewed as a high control group. Some personally feel that the WT is a cult. They meet some of the criteria for a cult.

There is an eye opening web site that may be of some help to you. It describes the characteristics of cults and the potent aftereffects of exiting from them. You'll find it at www.refocus.org Make sure to take it slow. Learning too much, too fast can be overwhelming. Take it at a pace that you can handle. Also try www.freeminds.org This site is run by a former Bethelite Randy Watters. You'll find a host of information concerning the JW's on his site. On that same site there is a links bar near the bottom of the page that will take you to scores of other sites concerning JW issues.

There was something that my therapist told me that was encouraging. She said that I have had my trust shattered. She went on to say that I have not lost all trust, otherwise I would not have confided in her about all that I have gone through. It may be hard to trust anyone again, but in time your trust in people will return, albeit with a certain amount of caution attached.

Please keep in touch. Let us know how you are doing. We understand what you are going through.

Mr. Shakita

• Francois
    Francois

You're shocked, disgusted and feel violated? Good. That means you're normal. Welcome.

Most people with normally developed adult senses of morals and ethics react like that when they discover what The Borg really is. If you have any questions of a specific nature, I feel certain that there are plenty of folks here who will have the straight-up skinny on it. Just ask and you're sure to receive.

It really is kind of a mixture of Borg and Matrix. Maybe it's the Morg, or the Batrix or something of the like. It's deadly to the spirit whatever we decide to call it. Slime is a good term too.

francois

• Swan
    Swan

The Emporer is Naked!

I was shocked too!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find all the help and healing that you will need to help you through this very tough time. There will be no lack of REAL friends here, ready and willing to give you encouragement when you need it most and support you as you never recieved while in the troof.

Hang in there, it will get easier to deal with

Agape,

Eric

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit