I am shocked, disgusted and I feel violated

by berylblue 36 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

I have spent the last few days reading all the information about the WTS on the internet. I am shocked. Appalled. Disgusted. And I feel used, dirty and violated. UN? Shale mines? Pollution? The more I read, the worse it gets. My trust has been completely betrayed, and in the worst possible ways. And the child abuse?

I'm in a state of shock....

Beryl

"And had I but known last summer what I now understand

I'd have never set my foot inside this bleak and bitter land."

Al Stewart, "Coldest Winter in Memory"

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Welcome to the forum, berylblue!

My initial realizations were similar to yours. I guess reality hits when we discover the truth about the "TruthTM". You are in the right place!

Make yourself at home, stay awhile and meet all your new brothers and sisters!!!

Much love,

ESTEE

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Berlyblue-

You are amongst hundreds who've gone through exactly what you have. It sucks doesn't it? You know what the worst thing is? You'll most likely still find yourself referring to the JW publishing company as "THE TRUTH", even though it's the farthest thing from it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Beryl,

When I first came to this site, I was enraged by what I found out by the WTS. I found myself crying from anger and I had been out for almost 20 years. I had been raised a JW and even though I had left so long ago, I still had some warm fuzzy feelings about my former brothers and sisters and of course "mother".

It gets better. Hang in there, luv. Cry if you have too. We will be there if you need us. Welcome to the forum. You will find much comfort here.

Love,

Robyn

• Auntie Flame
    Auntie Flame

It's real defibrillator to find out your heartfelt trust has been betrayed most heinously, cher...

Welcome to the ranks of those who took "a pause to see"...

Auntie Flame

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Beryl and welcome aboard! Glad you've been helped to see the truth about "the Troof" at last. Stunning isn't it? But there's more! Try reading "Crisis of Conscience" and that'll "blow your mind". You'll never go back. .....so settle in here. We'll be looking out for your posts.

Cheers, Ozzie

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Welcome to the forum berylblue - as you've probably gathered, there are many here who have experienced the same as you. Some left because they were forced to, and many more left because they realized the hypocrisy. All have for the most part came to the realization that the JW's are just another member of "Babylon the Great".

And as many have already pointed out - feel free to vent & ask questions at will - it will help you work out your feelings.

Look forward to hearing more of your posts, and your story should you choose to share!

Rhonda

• Banshee
    Banshee

Welcome, (((((((Beryl)))))))! Glad to have you here! Hope you will enjoy your time spent here. Take care and see you around!

---Banshee

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

the JW's are just another member of "Babylon the Great".
    Perhaps they ARE "Babylon the Great"!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Once you have seen the Matrix...you can never go back.

Welcome here, beryl...glad to see you made it over here.

Take care.

Coon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit